connect usb to pc

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

MURTUMA

connect usb to pc

Post by MURTUMA » 06 Aug 2013 12:58

It's there a possibility for a trigger to detect when I connect my phone to pc with usb cable?

And after that is there a way to automatically mount sd-cards as external drive without the normally required manual input?

Martin

Re: connect usb to pc

Post by Martin » 06 Aug 2013 15:59

Hi,

There is no trigger to directly detect an USB connection. The trigger Power Source: USB might work when the device starts to charge the battery over the USB connection.
I'm not aware of a way to automatically change to mass storage mode and I think there is no official API in Android to achieve this.

Regards,
Martin

MURTUMA

Post by MURTUMA » 08 Aug 2013 08:48

I didn't mean to change settings of how to connect my phone to pc(i.e. in sgs+ Samsung kies or usb mass storage). I ment that when I plug my phone to pc, I get this notification from which I can mount phones sd-cards as mass storage. Other wise it doesn't do a thing but just charges the phone.

Can I automate the notification prompt somehow. I have gingerbread so control ui is out of question.

Martin

Post by Martin » 09 Aug 2013 08:30

No, sorry, to my knowledge this is not possible.
On a rooted device it might be possible to control the UI with Execute Root Command: input keyevent XXX (see http://automagic4android.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=1825).