Exact Timer and variables for noobs

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

jwseegers

Exact Timer and variables for noobs

Post by jwseegers » 21 Jul 2013 19:41

Hi
I am new to automagic but I like it a lot. It's so much easier than Tasker. Thats because I am a total noob on variables, etc. I try to get a grip of it but it ain't easy. So I have two questions. I made a flow with the exact timer trigger to say the time every hour. I set it on 1h bt somehow it calls out the time randomly. I added {triggertime,HH} to variables (wild guess), I tried {triggertime} (again a wild guess), but I can't get it done. What should I do?
Question nr 2 is about the variables, etc used in Automagic. Where can I find a tutorial for complete noobs? I really like the get a hold on this matter. I don't expect to become a pro but some basic info would be great.
Thanks

zee

Re: Exact Timer and variables for noobs

Post by zee » 21 Jul 2013 20:44

I'm new to automagic as well, but I created a flow with a "Periodic Time" trigger. You can specify the interval when this should occur. It will run as long as the flow is enabled. In the flow you specify all the actions you want to take when triggered.

If you select the "?" when editing an action, condition or trigger you will see a link to "See action Script for a description" (for example) that will take you to a tutorial. It's pretty simple. For example: var1 = "text"; sets variable var1 to "text".

Martin

Re: Exact Timer and variables for noobs

Post by Martin » 23 Jul 2013 18:00

Hi,

You can create a flow to say the current time every hour like this:

-trigger "Periodic Timer: every 1h"
-action "Speech Output: {triggertime,dateformat,HH:mm}
or to only say the hour:
-action "Speech Output: {triggertime,dateformat,HH}

Automagic will execute the flow one hour after enabling the flow.
You have to enable the flow exactly at the full hour if you want Automagic to execute the flow at the full hour.

Documentation of variables and the scripting language in general is also available on the website:
http://automagic4android.com/en/help/co ... xpressions

The online tutorial to create a flow also uses a variable (variable is introduced in step 5):
http://automagic4android.com/en/help/cr ... first-flow

Regards,
Martin