Ringer mode condition bug

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

MURTUMA

Ringer mode condition bug

Post by MURTUMA » 23 May 2013 12:22

There's a bug in ringer mode condition. If I change ringer mode through status bar pull down menu, automagic doesn't recognise that. It always returns "true" to normal mode, regardless what mode I set.

Only if I change mode through automagic actions, it recognises it correctly and phone IS in silent or vibrating mode. But then again, if I look from the pull down menu, my phone doesn't seem to recognise the change in ringer mode.

It's like both automagic and phone uses different method for same thing and while both methods works, neither recognises what the other one does.

This makes it difficult to make some flows I have in my mind, because I can only use either phone or automagic for that but can't use both together.

MURTUMA

Re: Ringer mode condition bug

Post by MURTUMA » 23 May 2013 12:24

My phone is SGS+ with newest gingerbread.

Martin

Post by Martin » 23 May 2013 18:44

Automagic uses the regular settings of Android to change the ringer modes of the device and this works at least on an S2, S3 and some Gingerbread devices (unfortunately no Samsung devices).
Is the the ringer mode indication changing in the status bar when you change the mode from within Automagic?
Is this on a stock Samsung ROM?

MURTUMA

Post by MURTUMA » 24 May 2013 05:01

Just like you said. The ringer mode indication doesn't change if I change ringer mode in automagic. Like vise, if I change ringer mode through status bar, then automagic doesn't recognise that. That makes the ringer mode condition pretty much useless for me.

I have stock rom.

MURTUMA

Post by MURTUMA » 24 May 2013 19:14

Actually seems like this needs some more testing on my part. An other flow, which I use to set my phone to vibrate works fine and also changes the status bar indication. I'll report my findings when I get them.

MURTUMA

Post by MURTUMA » 25 May 2013 12:16

Yeah.. This appears to be totally false alarm. Earlier I missed one conflicting flow and now I only noticed that through some utterly random coincidences.

I managed to update both flows to be compatible with each others and now everything is working perfectly.

Still, many thanks for interest in fixing this, Martin.