Battery life & system stability

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Hell-G

Battery life & system stability

Post by Hell-G » 05 May 2013 09:50

Hey there,

first of all I would like to thank you for this great app. I've been using Tasker before but had some problems to get into it. This interface is a lot better, programming tasks by flow charts.

Anyway, I would like to ask about the battery life and system stability of other devices. I'm currently using Automagic Premium on my Galaxy S3 and on my Galaxy Note 10.1 (both 4.1.2. Jelly Bean) and have recognized some limitations in regard of the battery life time and system stability.
From the moment I've installed the Automagic-app to the S3 the battery life decreased from approx. 12-14 hours down to about 8 hours. Furthermore I've got the impression that the device is always warm, somehow. I tracked the CPU activity by an app called "System Panel" and it confirmed my impression about the warm device - none of the 4 CPU core was ever put into sleep when the device was inactive. The idle CPU usage was always about ~20-40%. I have to admit that I'm running too much apps on that phone, but the difference in terms of drop of battery life is significant.
I don't want to uninstall the apps (in total I'm using Automagic Premium, Automagic for Gleeo and Gleeo Time Tracker) but probably have to, confirming the excessive CPU usage.
Additionally I've got the impression that the overall system stability decreased. Some actions take a lot longer than usual. Due to the nature of my personality (totally impatient) the phone starts to test the strength of my nerves...

Please feedback if anyone has recognized the same behavior on your devices. Maybe it is my fault, but I've found some comments in the internet about this issue as well.

CU,
Hell-G

bobchernow

Re: Battery life & system stability

Post by bobchernow » 05 May 2013 14:11

If you use an app like Sherlock detector you should be able to isolate the flows that are keeping things awake. There is usually a more efficient way to trigger a flow once you narrow it down.