Do not want to disable lock screen...

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

jwhtn

Do not want to disable lock screen...

Post by jwhtn » 03 May 2013 16:44

Hi, guys.
I like to use the "productivity" lock screen on my HTC One, but an Automagic feature is inadvertently changing the way it functions. I'm hoping there's some way to configure it to operate differently.
I'm using a flow which turns on the screen whenever I receive a notification (so I can see what's going on without having to touch the phone). This requires me to use the accessibility service. However, when I enable the accessibility service, it changes the functioning of my phone's lock screen in a way I don't like: Normally, I need to swipe upward from the task bar to unlock the phone, but with the accessibility service enabled, now a touch anywhere on the lock screen unlocks the device. This means that I accidentally unlock sometimes when I just want to check the time, and it means that I cannot swipe through my calendar and email notifications, because any touch at all simply unlocks the phone (or asks for my passcode if the phone has timed out).
Is there a way to keep this particular behavior from happening? As I mentioned, it seems like a setting in the accessibility service. Can this be configured in any way?
Thanks!

jwhtn

Re: Do not want to disable lock screen...

Post by jwhtn » 08 May 2013 13:35

Hi, guys. Not sure what the bump policy is here, but I'm gonna go for it :) ... Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

The TL;DR version: With the Automagic Accessibility service activated, any touch on the screen (as long as it's lit up) causes the phone to unlock (or go to password input, if the phone has timed out). Previously, unlocking required a specific sweep upward from the lock icon. Any way to get that feature back, while still using the accessibility service? I've actually managed to accidentally unlock and pocket-reply to a text message with gibberish, which isn't ideal behavior :).

Thanks!

Martin

Re: Do not want to disable lock screen...

Post by Martin » 09 May 2013 08:00

Hi,

I have no idea how this could be fixed. There seem to be more reports about this issue:
http://captainevo.tumblr.com/post/48837 ... require-it
http://forums.getpebble.com/discussion/ ... reen-icons

This probably needs an update from HTC.

Regards,
Martin