WiFi Location Question

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

commander

WiFi Location Question

Post by commander » 02 May 2013 11:41

I want to use the Periodic Location Update: (Network) to identify a location based on WiFi SSID present. I don't necessarily want to turn WiFi on or connect to the SSID I just want to set settings based on the SSID presence. I currently have the Flow Setup as

Trigger: Periodic Location Update: Every 5m (Network)
-->
Condition: WiFi Available: SSID
-->
Action: Notification on Screen: Text

I want this to work with the WiFi toggled off but currently it only proces down to the Action if my WiFi is turned on. So I'm not sure what step I am missing that has the app enable wifi, locate specific SSIDs and execute the command and then turn the WiFi back off if the action doesn't call for it to be turned on.

I'm coming from Tasker (And Llama) where this behavior was default so I'm not sure if I've assumed something that AM doesn't do by default or I just have a setting wrong.

HenryFatass

Re: WiFi Location Question

Post by HenryFatass » 02 May 2013 19:49

Hey there....I used tasker for a bit too, and was used to the Wi-Fi toggle option. Check out this thread I posted in which I've included my workaround to simulate tasker's Wi-Fi toggle

http://automagic4android.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=1944

commander

Re: WiFi Location Question

Post by commander » 02 May 2013 20:38

Thanks for the info. I will subscribe to your other post to see what sort of response you get. Automagic seems to be a great app but the upfront learning curve is steep.