NFC toggle not working

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

rathmannm

NFC toggle not working

Post by rathmannm » 01 May 2013 18:21

Hi,

I've ran into problems switching NFC off and back on again in a flow. To narrow down the issue I created a simple flow triggered by an NFC tag and all it does is "Set NFC State: Off" -> "Sleep 10s" -> "Set NFC State: On". First time I tap the NFC tag it works. Checking in the system settings NFC shows as being switched off and then shows as being switched on again. However if I tap the tag again for a second time nothing happens. It looks as if Automagic does not switch NFC back on properly. I have to go into system settings and manually switch NFC on/off and after that it works again.
I can then repeat the same thing again but only once as again at the second tap the NFC tag is not being picked up (or any other tag for that matter)...

I have a rooted HTC One X btw...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Manuel

rathmannm

Re: NFC toggle not working

Post by rathmannm » 02 May 2013 21:11

Ok something clearly does not work. The next thing is turning Airplane mode on and off again via Automagic leads to the same problem that afterwards no NFC tags are being picked up by the phone. There seems to be something wrong in the way Automagic handles this as if I do it manually I don't have any problems...

Martin

Post by Martin » 03 May 2013 09:00

Can you try to add an action Sleep: 5s and a condition NFC Enabled after activating the NFC service and see if NFC is working afterwards? The condition NFC Enabled seems to activate a stopped NFC service on stock Android.

rathmannm

Post by rathmannm » 03 May 2013 16:50

Hmmm - I've tried this but it's still very hit and miss. Sometimes it works then it doesn't. I certainly always works when I leave NFC enabled and do not touch it via Automagic. This means I also cannot put it in Airplane mode autmatically as this would disable NFC and I run into the same problems again. That was the reason I was asking if it would be possible to include an action to just turn of the cell but nothing else.
See:
http://automagic4android.com/forum/view ... f=4&t=1951
and
http://automagic4android.com/forum/view ... f=4&t=1953

Cheers,
Manuel

Martin

Post by Martin » 05 May 2013 17:03

Enabling/Disabling of NFC worked on my rooted HTC One X. I was able to read an NFC tag written by Automagic multiple times.
Do you have a second NFC tag to test if it works when you switch between different tags?

Is this on a stock HTC ROM? Can you send the NFC flow to info@automagic4android.com?

Regards,
Martin