Emergency stop

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

addicuss

Emergency stop

Post by addicuss » 30 Apr 2013 18:22

I randomly get an emergency stop in the flow listed here: http://automagic4android.com/forum/view ... f=3&t=1908

trigger is when wifi scans are available,
condition: if phone is set to normal: false-->condition if wifi available: rswap true---> action is set phone to vibrate
false-->action is set phone to normal

It seems to be spamming this work flow over and over so I'm not sure if I need to throttle it somehow or if I'm going about this the wrong way. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Addy

addicuss

Re: Emergency stop

Post by addicuss » 08 May 2013 14:26

Anyone have any answers for this? Should I provide more information?

LightTempler

Post by LightTempler » 08 May 2013 19:25

If the log of Automagic doesn't help enough: To get closer to the problem you can add a global var which gets increment during every run of the flow. More details gives writing the needed infos into an own log text file.

Martin

Post by Martin » 09 May 2013 08:21

Hi,

The flow looks good to me. Seems a bit strange that the phone sends the scan results that frequently. What device are you using? Are you using another flow that starts a wifi scan with action "WiFi Scan" or another app that might scan for wifi that frequently?

You can try to switch from trigger WiFi Scan Results Available to a trigger Periodic Timer every few minutes. The condition WiFi Available will use the last known scan result in this case.

Regards,
Martin

addicuss

Post by addicuss » 14 May 2013 18:18

I solved this by just adding a sleep for 5 minutes at the end of the loop. So it checks for the scan results, tests for the visibility of my work wifi, mutes or unmutes the phone depending on if its available, then sleeps ten minutes. I feel like it's a bit of a kludge but it works. Thanks for the help guys.