Error after update to new UI

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Trigun

Error after update to new UI

Post by Trigun » 25 Feb 2013 10:58

Hi,

just after updating to the new UI this morning I got huge problems: After starting the App on my S3 (running smoothly before) I can see the new UI with my old flows. But if I want to edit them (tapping on the panels) the screen goes dark and I'm on my home screen again.
I already tried to reinstalling, then deinstalling and deleting the automagic folder, deinstalling with Titanium Backup etc. Strangely in Play Store the App is marked as refundable but nothing happens if I click on "Refund" ... [EDIT] Now the refund button is gone, but uninstall and reinstall didnt work anyway

So I got the new sample flows now with the new UI but cannot edit any flow right now ... any suggestions?

Martin

Re: Error after update to new UI

Post by Martin » 25 Feb 2013 11:17

Hi,

Works fine on the S3 models here. Are you using an official Samsung ROM or something else?
Do you get a crash report dialog when the screen goes dark and Automagic stops or a dialog to submit a crash report when you restart Automagic?

Please contact me at info@automagic4android.com if you want a refund.

Regards
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 25 Feb 2013 11:31

Is Force GPU rendering under Settings->Developer settings enabled on your device?

Trigun

Post by Trigun » 25 Feb 2013 12:20

Hi,

turning off forced GPU rendering did the trick, thanks!

Sorry for not giving all infos ... it was indeed a custom rom (Ultimarom 10.1), and the screen just went dark without any dialogue when Automagic was closed. Just in case you're interested in the info ...

Your support is excellent, I think I'll write my first rating in Play Store (going to be 5 Stars ;)). No need to refund, I'm not giving up so quickly!

Martin

Post by Martin » 25 Feb 2013 14:53

Phew! Glad it was caused by this setting.
I was able to reproduce the problem and it seems to be caused by a crash in the native renderer. That's also the reason that the app simply vanishes and does not generate a proper crash report.

The next update will contain a workaround to not run into the crash anymore, so you could theoretically turn the setting on again. However, zooming in on flows will look bogus when the setting is enabled due to the fact that the hardware renderer does not properly support all required drawing operations.