Plug-ins and setup help

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

coconutxyz

Plug-ins and setup help

Post by coconutxyz » 16 Sep 2019 22:49

Hi, big fan of automation but still struggling with Tasker so I'm trying to see if automagic could achieve what I wanted without the complication of Tasker.

So in general how is the support for Tasker Plug-ins? I'm mainly talking about autowear and autovoice, do they work with automagic seamlessly?

Also I'm trying to setup a routine through autovoice to Google assistant, now sure if it is achievable by automagic:-

First, by saying "asking autovoice to start timer for x minutes", it should start a timer for the specified duration.

Secondly, I wanted it to update a Google sheets through spreadsheet Plug-in with the current time, date and the duration of the timer.

Is that possible with automagic? Any help is appreciated

Hello

Re: Plug-ins and setup help

Post by Hello » 18 Sep 2019 13:43

Yes, but you must uninstall tasker, because tasker stop communication of plugins with other applications.

coconutxyz

Post by coconutxyz » 22 Sep 2019 13:39

i don't have tasker installed but do you mean the flow is achievable?

Hello

Post by Hello » 22 Sep 2019 15:23

Yes

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 27 Sep 2019 17:48

It is possible. Most tasker plugin are working fine with Automagic. Although a few might require extra setting to make it works properly.

If you only want to send command to google assistant, you can do it directly using Automagic input speech and send the command via Control UI to the google assistant. You can save some space by not installing so many unnecessary plugin, as Automagic can do most of the function already. I also have speech project and I don't send the command to Gass. Instead I made my own command map to do various showoff task. It can be customized to create timer too, or basically anything you need. It just takes more effort if you plan to recreate the command as I do.

Spreadsheet plugin should be working properly too, although I don't test it. If I need to save the timer log, I just simply save it into global variable. Or if the timer is quite frequently, I can write it to text file, and later export it excel to be analyzed.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

coconutxyz

Post by coconutxyz » 01 Oct 2019 14:39

Desmanto wrote:
27 Sep 2019 17:48
It is possible. Most tasker plugin are working fine with Automagic. Although a few might require extra setting to make it works properly.

If you only want to send command to google assistant, you can do it directly using Automagic input speech and send the command via Control UI to the google assistant. You can save some space by not installing so many unnecessary plugin, as Automagic can do most of the function already. I also have speech project and I don't send the command to Gass. Instead I made my own command map to do various showoff task. It can be customized to create timer too, or basically anything you need. It just takes more effort if you plan to recreate the command as I do.

Spreadsheet plugin should be working properly too, although I don't test it. If I need to save the timer log, I just simply save it into global variable. Or if the timer is quite frequently, I can write it to text file, and later export it excel to be analyzed.
Hey desmanto your post on xda inspired me to try automagic after a lil bit of frustration with using Tasker.

Thanks for the tips of using control ui. I will look for further help in case I'm stuck, thanks buddy

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 01 Oct 2019 17:34

coconutxyz wrote:
01 Oct 2019 14:39
Hey desmanto your post on xda inspired me to try automagic after a lil bit of frustration with using Tasker.

Thanks for the tips of using control ui. I will look for further help in case I'm stuck, thanks buddy
Good to hear that. I came from tasker too, and maybe my last 2 years experience might still be relevant till now : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6809
Feel free to ask here again. Although it is easier, don't expect to use Automagic proficiently at the beginning. As there are several concepts those are different from tasker.
You can read my index for some insights : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6993
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.