Reminder app

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Sergey_777-s

Reminder app

Post by Sergey_777-s » 20 Sep 2019 04:50

Hi for all, I wtite script for voice control of my phone, also I have app what I want to store reminders in app database. With database all OK, automagic store records and they shows in app correct, but app not shows alarm taskactivity in stored in database time, how to solve it with automagic? Sorry for bad English.. Disassemble com.luitech.remindit of app in attachment

Sergey_777-s

Re: Reminder app

Post by Sergey_777-s » 21 Sep 2019 07:14

Some body help me? How to emulate pressing confirm button in remindit app without open app ui?

Martin

Post by Martin » 23 Sep 2019 07:33

Hi,

You can usually not click buttons in an app that is not open and showing on screen.

Please do not attach files containing decompiled APKs and other material that might violate copyright.

Regards,
Martin

Sergey_777-s

Post by Sergey_777-s » 23 Sep 2019 17:41

Sorry, coders not support this app for many years,... but how this app confirm reminds and where they stores? Not only in database, in other place. What count time fot next remind? And how to add this alarm using automagic?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 27 Sep 2019 17:58

It seems what you want, can be done using Google Assistant. Why don't just use Gass? You can also create voice control using Input Speech and create the action to make a reminder using Global Variable Date time or calendar event. If using calendar event, you can create another flow to react to the calendar notification to speak out loud the content. All created reminder can be logged and written to a text file.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Sergey_777-s

Post by Sergey_777-s » 27 Sep 2019 20:08

Desmanto wrote:
27 Sep 2019 17:58
It seems what you want, can be done using Google Assistant. Why don't just use Gass? You can also create voice control using Input Speech and create the action to make a reminder using Global Variable Date time or calendar event. If using calendar event, you can create another flow to react to the calendar notification to speak out loud the content. All created reminder can be logged and written to a text file.
Thanks for reply! I don't want to say "OK google" like other do, and I don't want to write my reminders to the text file, and so on.. I want to use app that I use for many years and I can recognize my voice in automagic like:"remind me tomorrow morning at eight hours and five minutes wake up" and store to remindit app database Time of remind in Millis and name of remind. This record then shows in app ui. I don't know how to send to alarm manager intent and time in Millis from remindit app, using automagic and then wait when broadcast receiver of app catch alarm from Android and shows me taskAlarmAcrivity with my remind "wake up"

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 28 Sep 2019 18:50

No "OK google" here. That app function can be replicated easily in Automagic. Simply use Trigger Shortcut. Then followed by input speech, then parse the sentence and create the reminder. The time part is a bit difficult to parse though.

If you still want to use that app, simply use the shortcut to launch the app and use control UI to tap the mic icon. Pressing shortcut in automagic will launch the app and tap the mic button. There you can record directly using the app and have the database stored exactly there.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Sergey_777-s

Post by Sergey_777-s » 30 Sep 2019 19:08

Desmanto wrote:
28 Sep 2019 18:50
No "OK google" here. That app function can be replicated easily in Automagic. Simply use Trigger Shortcut. Then followed by input speech, then parse the sentence and create the reminder. The time part is a bit difficult to parse though.

If you still want to use that app, simply use the shortcut to launch the app and use control UI to tap the mic icon. Pressing shortcut in automagic will launch the app and tap the mic button. There you can record directly using the app and have the database stored exactly there.
I parse the sentence correctly, I want to set alarm for broadcast receiver of this app without control ui, on locked screen with display off. Maybe using part of Java code of this app in automagic

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 01 Oct 2019 17:30

Sergey_777-s wrote:
30 Sep 2019 19:08
I parse the sentence correctly, I want to set alarm for broadcast receiver of this app without control ui, on locked screen with display off. Maybe using part of Java code of this app in automagic
When you say set alarm for broadcast receiver, do you mean we send intent with the variable to the app and let it keep at its database? If the app itself doesn't open up for automation (receive broadcast), there is not much you can do without Control UI. Even if it has the receiver, you still have to see the dev's documentation on how to use it. Using java code in automagic is usually related to what the android can do already. It is not about using the java code in/to other app.

Sergey_777-s

Post by Sergey_777-s » 02 Oct 2019 18:35

Desmanto wrote:
01 Oct 2019 17:30
Sergey_777-s wrote:
30 Sep 2019 19:08
When you say set alarm for broadcast receiver, do you mean we send intent with the variable to the app and let it keep at its database? If the app itself doesn't open up for automation (receive broadcast), there is not much you can do without Control UI. Even if it has the receiver, you still have to see the dev's documentation on how to use it. Using java code in automagic is usually related to what the android can do already. It is not about using the java code in/to other app.
In this app I need to use this code:

Code: Select all

public void setAlarm(Task task) { 
354	        Date date = task.getReminderDate(); 
355	        if (date != null) { 
356	            ((AlarmManager)this.context.getSystemService("alarm")).set(0, date.getTime(), Model.super.createAlarmPendingIntent(task, false)); 
357	        } 
358	    }  
This procedure set wake up time of remind in system alarm manager then app catch this. I want to know if possible this part of code emulate with automagic?