Multiple trigger blocks

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

vertigo

Multiple trigger blocks

Post by vertigo » 21 May 2020 04:59

I'd really like the ability to add multiple trigger blocks to a flow. This would solve a couple different issues:

1) It could be used as a label/goto/subroutine feature. This can currently be done by using another flow, but I like to keep everything for a specific purpose contained within one flow as much as possible, and
2) It could be used to determine what branch to take in a flow instead of having to use (sometimes multiple) conditions, and, more importantly, could be placed further into a flow to make it easier to jump to the point where a specific trigger needs to lead instead of having to route it there from the beginning.

As far as implementation, it could be something like "Flow_name:trigger_block_#" (e.g. "Flow_name:3").

Desmanto

Re: Multiple trigger blocks

Post by Desmanto » 23 May 2020 20:23

Seems a good idea. Laying out all the triggers give better overview of a combined flow. But this add so many footprint for the trigger elements. I have multiple flow with approx 10 triggers. This feature will split the triggers out and take more spaces for triggers. But at the same time, save some spaces for the split expression, so can be considered.

But have to be careful when adding this feature, as the flow can start from multiple triggers in multiple places. There must be some restriction, such as : Trigger can't connect to another trigger.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

vertigo

Re: Multiple trigger blocks

Post by vertigo » 26 May 2020 06:13

Keep in mind you'd still (ideally) be able to use multiple triggers in one block. So you could leave several of the triggers where they are and just move out the few that really need it if that works better for design and layout.

The restriction you mention would likely be necessary sometimes, but there would be other times, I'm sure, that you might be ok with or even want multiple trigger blocks firing. Perhaps there could be a priority system, so all trigger blocks with the same priority would fire together but lower priority ones wouldn't if triggered at the same time as one or more higher priority ones.