Feature request: Allow changing of grid size & manual connection routing

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

vertigo

Feature request: Allow changing of grid size & manual connection routing

Post by vertigo » 21 May 2020 04:49

If it was possible to change the grid size, specifically to make the spacing between points smaller, whether by custom or preset amounts, it would help for positioning and resizing elements. It would allow items to be put closer together without touching, making more room for other things without having to rearrange as much or make the whole flow larger to accommodate, it would add more increments for resizing note boxes (very often I want to make one smaller, but I can't make it slightly smaller, i.e. half the distance between two grid points, and reducing it to the next size down ends up cutting off words that are too long for the width), and so on. It's not a major need, so if doing this would be a big undertaking it's probably not worth it, but if not, it would certainly be helpful.

Another thing that would help with layout is being able to drag connection lines to manually position them. I often have to arrange things differently than I'd like and have even used a blank box simply as a pass-through terminal to hold a connection line out farther in order to avoid having them cut through other boxes.

Desmanto

Re: Feature request: Allow changing of grid size & manual connection routing

Post by Desmanto » 23 May 2020 20:15

I also sometimes facing same problem, especially when the flow has multiple branching and reusing same elements. But I find the lines are already good. I suggest feature request to have different line coloring available to denotes different connections. And another request to make the line auto aligned to never cross element. Both are minor additions in my opinion.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

vertigo

Re: Feature request: Allow changing of grid size & manual connection routing

Post by vertigo » 26 May 2020 11:18

Also on the topic of line improvements, when multiple false lines join, they become solid instead of remaining dashed and when a true and false go into the same input on an element, the words overlay each other and look garbled. These are minimal problems, especially the latter, and extremely low priority, but worth mentioning.