Input Dialog (Loading)

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

Rafi4

Input Dialog (Loading)

Post by Rafi4 » 16 May 2020 03:56

Hi Martin
Add an option in input dialog (input dialog type) as loading.
This will be most useful when a flow is executing for a long time.

from record4
No.1 Automation app in play store Automagic Premium
Samsung Galaxy j2 non rooted.
Android 5.1.1

Hit

Re: Input Dialog (Loading)

Post by Hit » 16 May 2020 09:21

I don't know whether he will add it or not but I think the name must be Message dialog.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 16 May 2020 17:41

I suggest "Progress Bar". It should have action to continue the action immediately (so it doesn't halt the branch). The bar should be non intrusive, doesn't create activity (so doesn't trigger App task started). Preferably created just like a widget (but built-in feature). Then it has progressbar and maximum value for the progress bar, just like in notification on statusbar. We can fill it with variable and then increment it for every step.

Example : for my mifi internet quota retrieval, it is 4 step HTTP request. Sometimes it takes too long, total can be up to 10 seconds. So If at least I can know where it is now, i can do something else while waiting.
progressbar = {step} and max value = 4
At every HTTP request, I branch it to script, step = step + 1;
So I know what is the progress of the flow.

Or another one is for processing loop. Example at slower phone, using my COVID-19 tracker v2, it might takes a while to calculate everything. So if we have this progress bar, I can show approximately the progress of the calculation.

Currently we can create this using widget, but I never prooftest it as it need too many steps.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

VitPMir

Post by VitPMir » 18 May 2020 15:17

See this post:
VitPMir wrote:
18 May 2020 14:51
Sorry for my English (using Google Translate).
I post an example of using the progress bar. The file has a widget and two flows.

Rafi4

Post by Rafi4 » 18 May 2020 23:25

Hi all
In auto tools (plugin) webscreens. There was a webscreen called loading dialog. It was so nice and so impressive. Install the plugin and try that loading dialog webscreen. You can know about what is my feature request is.

from record4
No.1 Automation app in play store Automagic Premium
Samsung Galaxy j2 non rooted.
Android 5.1.1

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 23 May 2020 20:30

Nice animation. But AFAIK, Automagic prefer perfomance over the animation. So might be not a priority. It seems you still need to rely on the Auto apps for a long time. It is a big welcome if this is going to be implemented.

I still prefer the one from VitPMir : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8715
And of course, if possible, combine with the animation you want.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.