Combine Images precise positioning

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

Wibbly

Re: Combine Images precise positioning

Post by Wibbly » 24 Jun 2019 07:56

Desmanto wrote:
17 Jun 2019 17:40
However, keep in mind that if you do it for each percent, you will have a massive write at the /data partition. This will reduce the life expectancy of the nand flash.
Isn't there quite a lot of stuff written to flash frequently anyway? Basically, any change to the devices state as you use use your phone normally that survives a flat battery & reboot?

Desmanto

Re: Combine Images precise positioning

Post by Desmanto » 24 Jun 2019 18:48

Wibbly wrote:
24 Jun 2019 07:56
Isn't there quite a lot of stuff written to flash frequently anyway? Basically, any change to the devices state as you use use your phone normally that survives a flat battery & reboot?
Yes, even idle phone already busy keeping the log. I just don't want to add another footprint that speed up the write cycle of the nand flash. Although I never tested how big is this compared to the daily write cycle of the average phone usage, I just simply minimize it as possible as I can. But maybe my effort also not worth it, since probably the footprint cause by the picture combined is way much smaller than the usual idle phone in a day.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.