Create and Attach Tags/Labels to Flows

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

Pepy

Create and Attach Tags/Labels to Flows

Post by Pepy » 01 Nov 2018 00:07

Edit: Check the post I've made at or near the end of the thread if you would like read about the solution I've decided to stick with in the end for organizing my flows.

Is there a way to mark flows as whether they are still a "work-in-progress", "requires tweaking" (as in almost done but does not yet work properly), and "completed" without having to create separate categories (similar to starring/bookmarking)?
I just recently started using Automagic and I have a lot of ideas for flows to make, so I want to make the flows and give them a proper title and respective category first. Being able to do this will make it much easier to keep track of what flows I still have yet to finish.
Last edited by Pepy on 22 Jun 2019 07:35, edited 5 times in total.
Hope my post was helpful :D
Device: OnePlus 5T running crDroid, rooted with Magisk 8-)

digitalstone

Re: Marking flows based on progress?

Post by digitalstone » 01 Nov 2018 00:42

I have a group called "Tinkering" for all flows that are W.I.P.
Works just great.
Phone: LG Nexus 5X (rooted vanilla Android 7.1.2)

Pepy

Post by Pepy » 01 Nov 2018 10:16

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of doing too, but it would be great if the app had built-in support for this, so there's no need to create unnecessary groups. Actually, maybe just a place to store down all your ideas in the app could also work, instead of creating empty flows, perhaps?
Last edited by Pepy on 01 Jun 2019 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 01 Nov 2018 15:10

I have ever asked for it also, but forgot in which thread. Something like recent edited flows or favourite flows. Current workaround is the same as digitalstone, mine is named as Temporary. After finished, I will move them to the proper group.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Helios

Post by Helios » 01 Nov 2018 18:30

Another approach for this would be to give those Flows a specific tag in the name, e.g. WIP.
You can then use the search to find these flows.
If you use some nice emoji - something like " :!: " - you just need one symbol to search for ;)
But yes, it's another workaround...

Pepy

Post by Pepy » 30 May 2019 20:21

I recently completely changed the way I organized my flows and would like to share it with you all, with the intention that some of you may find it helpful :)

Note: Currently, I do not and am not planning to include emojis in my flow names (although I may start to do so in the near future).
So basically, as seen in the screenshot, flow group names are organized depending on the type of the flows they store ONLY if they are completed or considered to be finished. If they include flows that are still being worked on, a To-Do prefix is included at the start of the group's name instead.

For groups with the To-Do prefix, I have three separate groups:
  • Work-In-Progress: for flows that are currently being worked on.
  • Currently Working On: fairly straightforward; includes flows that I am currently focusing on completing.
  • Currently In Testing: includes flows that I have or am close to finishing and are ready for testing to see if there are anything bugs or changes I need to fix/make to improve on it.
  • Ideas for Now: includes flows that cannot currently be created or completed due to missing elements.
Also, as @Desmanto suggested, it certainly would be nice to have the ability to mark flows as favourites or have recently edited flows appear at the top for easier access. This may not be useful if you're a beginner, but in the long-term, it will as you create more and more flows.

Whether or not any of the features mentioned in this thread's opening post or above, I have found a solution I am comfortable with, so thank you all for posting your replies and suggestions :D
Attachments
Screenshot_20190530-131022_Automagic_Premium.png
My updated flow set-up.
Screenshot_20190530-131022_Automagic_Premium.png (232.51 KiB) Viewed 17538 times