Flow editor

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

regissg

Flow editor

Post by regissg » 02 Jul 2018 14:10

I love Automagic and don't mind using the graphical flow editor but I lack a couple of basic features to make it more convenient.

The main issue is when you need to insert an action in the middle of a flow or temporary disable an action or change the action order of the flow.

Right now I have to delete the links before and after the action, insert the new action and re-established the link. It is manageable but a little cumbersome especially with small screens.

I was wondering if there are editor shortcuts that I am not aware of?

Desmanto

Re: Flow editor

Post by Desmanto » 02 Jul 2018 18:18

For insertion to the middle, no other way. Need to delete the connection, add new one and recreate the new connection.
For temporary disable a branch, except for the first element from the trigger, you can tap and change the connection to exception.
Of course, this only work if your previous element is less proned to error.
But delete it and readd back actually much faster, so kinda useless too.

As for shortcut, I have tried another flow editing app
Try this : DrawExpress Lite
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... press.lite

It has various shortcut to to insert, add, copy, select objects. Trying it for fun and almost think to use that as helper when building flow. But in the end, it is too hassle, I would better create it directly in Automagic. Deleting an element require a "X" gesture, which is two swipe. In Automagic, you can simply tap the element and tap delete. It gives you extra confirmation, which is better, to prevent mis-delete. (although we can undo now). So almost same number of efforts. Adding connection is same, a single swipe. Multiple selection is better in drawexpress, as you can simply circle around some objects; while in automagic you have to select one by one. In the end, I don't use the app as idea helper, creating it directly in Automagic is much faster.

I don't know which one is better. I wish some shortcut too, but I also don't want current flow editing experience becomes too bloated and lagged because of the new shortcut. Probably Automagic can add that "Select mode", and in this mode, we can select elements faster, delete/rearrange connector in single swipe, grouping some elements and move it to another place, or maybe auto align to each other. Some sort of the tidying up or shortcuts are nice. But I still don't know which ones are suited to most of the us. Maybe we can brainstorm here and let see which ones get the smoothest experience.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.