New widget elements to allow create forms.

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

yanoosh

New widget elements to allow create forms.

Post by yanoosh » 27 Dec 2017 12:41

Hi,

I'd like to request new widget elements like: text box, radio button, check box, slider, etc (all the same like in input dialog).

This will allow to create forms to enter some data or set some parameters. In connection with overlays it will allow us to create scrips working like applications.

I'm using Automagic script to collect some simple data and save it to file. Now I need sequentially execute several input dialogs. This force order of data entry and doesn't allow corrections. With such new widget elements it can be achieved with single form and data can be entered in any order.

Regards,
Yanoosh

Desmanto

Re: New widget elements to allow create forms.

Post by Desmanto » 27 Dec 2017 14:19

In short, just make the widget to be like "Scene" in tasker. This has been requested several times, either in this subforum or implied in other threads.
Automagic's widget is far behind tasker's scene. But consider all other features those can be used without the need of plugin, I don't mind if the widget stays like this.

Consider there are only small fraction of users use widgets heavily, I don't think this will get the first priority. I also only use widget sparely.
I am not opposing new features. Additional features are always welcomed. But time and resources are limited. Let's see what Automagic can give us. ;)
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.