Dual SIM managment

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

balu

Dual SIM managment

Post by balu » 23 Aug 2017 06:09

Hello,

Request to have an automatic control of SIM in dual SIM phones, i.e. automatic switch on/off of a particular SIM at particular times.

Hope for a solution.

Thanks,
Balu

Martin

Re: Dual SIM managment

Post by Martin » 23 Aug 2017 20:12

Hi,

Unfortunately the official API of Android for dual SIMs is extremely limited so such things are not possible. There is/was a plugin available on Google Play that uses unofficial APIs available on some devices to support more features: Dual SIM Control. I've never tested the plugin myself.

Regards,
Martin

bogdyro

Post by bogdyro » 24 Aug 2017 08:55

Hi Martin. It's been discussed several times and I know that it's hard to implement
However, I'm using a dialer app that has the ability to call some number using a certain simple card. I don't know what api or method it uses.
You think that this could be feasible (intercepting an outgoing call and choosing the simple card)?
Thanks

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 24 Aug 2017 13:46

@balu : seems the only solution will be using shortcut activity and Control UI. The sim and network settings usually vary from phone to phone.

@bogdyro : If the dialer has UI, then most likely it can be navigated using Control UI. For special need like this, usually we are the one who have to make the work around.
If you have root, you can try to use logcat to check what is the intent that the dialer app sent when it calls using simple card. But probably still too difficult to trace it.

For me, the problem with the dual SIM management is automagic recognize my phone as CDMA and GSM only, no LTE available. So I can't scan tower with LTE, even though I am connected to LTE BTS. There is choice for selecting network mode to 2G/3G and LTE, but no LTE tower scan. So I can't use any elements related to phone cells.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.