Search location coordinates by name

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

bichlepa

Search location coordinates by name

Post by bichlepa » 11 Nov 2016 22:38

I'd like to, build a flow which reminds me on doing something as soon as I arrive to a specific place. But some feautures are missing.

My idea is that the solution will consist of two flows. The first flow will show some input dialogs. There I will enter the location name (e.g. "Brandenburger Tor"), the radius and a message. Then this flow will configure the second flow.
The second flow should trigger, as soon I am near to the specified location and then notify me by showing / reading the message.

One missing feature is an action which does a Google search of a location and writes the coordinates into a variable.
The other missing feature is that neither the trigger "location" nor the condition "location" do accept variables containing coordinates.

Can you please add these two features? Such a flow would be very helpful for me.

Philip

Re: Search location coordinates by name

Post by Philip » 15 Feb 2017 23:05

bichlepa wrote:The other missing feature is that neither the trigger "location" nor the condition "location" do accept variables containing coordinates.
Can I please add a "+1" for this feature.

A lot of my flows are triggered by location (perhaps this is due to previously using llama?) and it would be extremely useful to be able to store the co-ordinates of a location in a global variable which I would then use in the location trigger and condition.
--
Philip

athooya

Re: Search location coordinates by name

Post by athooya » 16 Feb 2017 14:51

+1