Improve action barcode

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

bichlepa

Improve action barcode

Post by bichlepa » 25 May 2016 16:55

I like playing with the action "barcode" for scanning QR codes. I have a problem, that the scan often takes very long, because the camera does not focus properly.
Maybe this could be solved if there was an option to set a fixed camera focus.
Also, the scan area is very small. Can you make the area greater or even configurable?

Martin

Re: Improve action barcode

Post by Martin » 26 May 2016 19:07

I've increased the scan area for the next version. Optimizing the auto-focus will need more time, I add it to the todo-list.

Ankit Bindal

Post by Ankit Bindal » 25 Jun 2016 13:49

Hi,
Why does the barcode scanning screen goes off after scanning the barcode.
When we have to scan multiple barcode, then it is very problematic and phone also hangs after one scan.

Is there a way that scanning screen doesn't goes off and the scanning result is shown as popup or any notifications and we are ready for next scanning??

Martin

Post by Martin » 26 Jun 2016 19:45

Hi,

The action is designed to scan one barcode at a time. Changing the action to keep the camera open while executing the rest of the flow is difficult since it does not fit well into the way the action currently works. I could be split into a few actions like 'Start Scanning', 'Stop Scanning' and a Trigger 'Barcode scan result available' but that's a lot of work and probably won't happen anytime soon when I check the number of items that are already listed on my todo-list. :?
You could try to find an app that allows to scan a batch of items and then send the result to Automagic to process the result. I recommend to try https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nt.android first.

Regards,
Martin