Dual Sim Support

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

hades

Dual Sim Support

Post by hades » 06 Dec 2015 19:12

Sorry for my not good English. I hope you can help me for control Form sim 1 too sim 2. Thanks at all.

Martin

Re: Dual Sim Support

Post by Martin » 07 Dec 2015 20:15

Hi,

Official support for dual sim devices was completely missing some time ago so Automagic does not yet support two sim cards.
It's on my todo-list to improve this in the future, however the dual sim features available to developers of third party apps like Automagic are still lacking so please don't expect many features.

What kind of action would you like to control on sim 2?

Regards,
Martin

hades

Post by hades » 07 Dec 2015 21:51

Thanks for the replay. Im will controll for GSM Celle field strong for switch Form sim1 or sim2 for call and switch mobile data, and reoaming, and via sim1 or sim2 my Celle phone posisition for GPS and Bluetooth. And many Moore.

TonyCox

Post by TonyCox » 17 Dec 2015 09:41

Thanking you for your contrabution :)

TonyCox

Post by TonyCox » 17 Dec 2015 09:45

s

flado

Post by flado » 18 Sep 2016 17:36

Martin wrote: What kind of action would you like to control on sim 2?
Me too,
Here are some use cases: I have a dual SIM phone (Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos) and two mobile internet providers. Both contracts come with a "music" package, meaning the traffic to Spotify doesn't count towards my cap on the network of the provider of SIM1, and the traffic to Napster similarly doesn''t count on SIM2's network. Both providers offer LTE. Thus there are several things I would like to be able to automate:
1. Switch the active mobile network to SIM1 whenever I start Spotify and am not currently on WiFi. This involves switching the mobile internet mode of SIM1 from 2G to LTE, something the built-in SIM card manager app offers to do anyway. Likewise for Napster/SIM2.
2. Whenever I connect something to Bluetooth's A2DP or the headphone jack, I want to automatically start the music streaming app corresponding to the active mobile network (if SIM1 is used for data, start Spotify, otherwise start Napster)
3. Automatically switch data over to the other SIM if the current network's mode falls below LTE or based on another quality measure (timeouts, decreased throughput etc.).
4. Ditto if the mobile traffic reaches the monthly warning limit (or another configurable amount) and the other SIM still has traffic available
5. Completely block incoming and outgoing voice calls via SIM1 or SIM2. There is an app for that, "root call manager", but it proves somewhat unreliable. It is also possible to tell the provider to do that for me, but one of mine wants 5 € per month for the "service" of not providing telephony to a SIM...
6. One of my contracts has access to WiFi hotspots, so I'd like to switch the data connection to that SIM whenever a supported WiFi Hotspot is within reach to allow the provider's app to log me in to that hotspot
These are all things I now do manually and would find very useful, especially 2,3,4, and 5. I will probably come up with more when I get better at Automagic Flows.

I am currently evaluating Automagic (just found out about it yesterday) and I'm impressed with its power, but was somewhat disappointed (by Google) to find out that dual SIM support (in Android) is still incomplete. I realise that my set-up is probably not very common, and I will most likely buy Automagic anyway, but having at least some support for dual SIM phones would make it my favourite app ever!

smokker

Post by smokker » 11 Oct 2016 14:56

I have a similar problem. I will like to be able to switch my second sim(work number) on and off automatically, depending on my working schedule. i have a option in android(6.0.1) menu for doing that but i am unable to find a variable that i need to change in order to toggle the sim on/off. Please help me, that was the function that i bought this software for. My phone is Xiaomi 3s running adroid 6.0.1 and MIUI 8. Thank you.

Martin

Post by Martin » 12 Oct 2016 19:29

Official dual SIM support by Android for third party apps like Automagic is still frustratingly lacking.
I did no find any official way to activate/deactivate SIM cards. It's only possible to send SMS using a particular SIM card and there are some options to get information about the first or second SIM but there's almost no official support to modify anything about SIMs, no way to change the default SIM etc.
It might be possible to use the Java support of the Script action to achieve some of the things you like but that's quite complicated to get right. I can't help you to get this working since I would need the same device model to create and test the script. I hope that Android will officially add more dual SIM features in the future.

You could try to automate the user interface with action Control UI. The device needs to be unlocked and the screen needs to be turned on for this action to work.

Regards,
Martin

EricMoose

Post by EricMoose » 19 Oct 2016 10:51

in this case you have to reset your mobile phone. save your mobile data in with Samsung kies software & reset your all data in your phone.
I had a similar issue. but when i have done this, my dual sim issue solved.

machimus

Post by machimus » 05 Dec 2017 20:57

Hello Friends

Sorry for my bad english. Two Problems...

1) I have the same Problem with my Oneplus 3 (Android 8.0) and the two SimCard's. I would like to switch on/activate the SimCard 2, if the GPS locate my Smartphone on my Workingplace (+800m). But i can't find a way to activate/deactivate the Simcard automatically.

2) the second problem is 'activating the Hotspot, when bluetooth is connected with the Infotainmentsystem of my Mazda CX-5'. I need this feature, because the Infotainmentsystem working with W-lan-Network (for Petrolprices/Navigation/actual Trafficcontrol). I heard, thats the function of hotspotactivating makes Problems since Android 7.1.

It would be very nice if someone have solution for me. Thanks and greetings from Germany.

Machimus