MQTT action

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

channel

MQTT action

Post by channel » 12 May 2015 08:16

Hi, I thing that maybe someone else whould find useful to have a MQTT qction.
MQTT is now a standard fot IoT and supporting it could let automagic interact with several home automation systems.
Use cases I can think of:
Entering home area, send MQTT message to a home server to activate some automation (open garage door, turn on wifi, ecc.)
Create a automagic widget to control the lighting via a MQTT message to a house server (with node-red for instance) that turn on/off the lights.

Not that this could not been done otherwise, but I think MQTT faster, lighter and more robust versus server/client network availability.

What do you think?

Thanks

Wibbly

Re: MQTT action

Post by Wibbly » 12 May 2015 10:15

I don't know how much traction MQTT has in the market yet, but I'd vote for it if Automagic implemented it with a complimentary Trigger (and maybe a Condition) as well as an Action. This may make it easier to send messages to, from, and between Automagic instances as well as to/from other products?

Wibbly

Post by Wibbly » 21 Nov 2016 13:40

Has anyone used Automagic as a client or broker (or interacting with 3rd party apps providing client or broker functionality)?

alexsahka

Post by alexsahka » 02 Nov 2017 18:37

I'm using MQTT Publisher (Tasker plugin) https://goo.gl/aEmyGK to communicate Mobilephone to NodeRed. (MQTT Mosquitto server on RPI 3)
It becomes way more powerful automation solution than just using AM alone.
Using it for tracking my GPS locations, WIFI / Mobile data connections even creating kind of apps/widgets for home automation IOT. You name it.

Start thinking about mobile phone as kind of "mobile sensor" :roll:
And I saving all data to InfluxDB for long-term storage.

Here are links if someone is interested:

www.nodered.org
www.mosquitto.org
www.influxdata.com
www.grafana.com