ListView?

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

plasticmagnet

ListView?

Post by plasticmagnet » 26 Apr 2015 22:14

Is there any way to navigate thru a ListView?

If not maybe u could add some functions like:

getListView
getSelectedItem
getSelectedItemId
setSelection

etc..

Thank you!

TheBrain1984

Re: ListView?

Post by TheBrain1984 » 26 Apr 2015 22:51

I don't know if i got your question in the right way, but because of the functions you mention I think you're asking it because you want to select items from a list.
If yes you could do something like this: Start an action called "input dialog" (or something similar, I don't know the correct wording because I'm using the german version). The type should be something like "single choice" or "multiple choice", in the value field you can use {list_var, listformat, comma} (list_var is the name of your list) and after the dialog you should have your choice in the variable "value".

plasticmagnet

Post by plasticmagnet » 27 Apr 2015 02:10

Well, im sorry if it wasnt clear enough...

Actually all i want to do is selecting a certain item/contact of a listview control e.g Whatsapp contacts list, open chats list etc. since item comes variable we would need to catch some infos like all items/contacts/chats, current selection and so on.

Achja ich sprech auch deutsch :D

TheBrain1984

Post by TheBrain1984 » 27 Apr 2015 20:49

Ok, for this I got no idea how to solve it. Because you have some problems with it. How should AM "know" that it is a ListView? What type of content are the value? Where is the value? And do you need the lists behind the content of the main list (for example the chat history behind a WhatsApp-Chat)? Maybe there would be a way to go through the database in the specific app. But that qould be difficult task I think.

I wrote it in english so that the others can read it although. ;)

plasticmagnet

Post by plasticmagnet » 27 Apr 2015 22:55

"How should AM "know" that it is a ListView?"

So how should AM "know" all the other stuff it knows?

Actually it gets "told".
i think in this case the Adapter would call the method which returns some values.

But my knowledge is limited so u may get a better answer on any android dev web page.

Regards