missing trigger and condition regarding user presence

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

AMChris

missing trigger and condition regarding user presence

Post by AMChris » 18 Nov 2014 14:10

Hi

I developed a widget that shows notifications on the lock screen and is at the same time used as a widget on the home screen.

As it seems there is no trigger for 'user absent' (as a countpart of 'user present')
and there is no condition for 'user present'.

This makes it very difficult to distinguish whether an action was activated from the lock screen or from the home screen (and this is necessary because I want to show the notification bar which needs a "control UI" action which in turn has the precondition, that the screen must not be locked; phew, this was a little bit tricky).

If someone is interested: I worked around the missing trigger/condition
- instead of checking the status of the user (present or not) I use a global bolean variable to remember the fact that a specific action should be triggered as soon as the user is present
- then I use the trigger 'User present' and check if the variable is true - if yes, then I start the desired action

So if this trigger and condition could be added without much effort - I would request it to make life easier - otherwise there is a workaround ;-)

thanks
chris
2014-11-18 15_08_29-Screenshot_2014-11-18-09-15-17.png - IrfanView (Zoom_ 345 x 614).png
2014-11-18 15_08_29-Screenshot_2014-11-18-09-15-17.png - IrfanView (Zoom_ 345 x 614).png (128.37 KiB) Viewed 6000 times