Action Script Help bookmarks

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

Bushmills

Action Script Help bookmarks

Post by Bushmills » 05 Nov 2014 10:26

When opening "Help" from a trigger/action/condition, by tapping the question mark on the selector line, on- or offline help pop up. on its title line, where it show the Automagic icon, and "Help", there is plenty of space to add bookmarks, to jump to selected sections of the document.
I often find me scrolling down the document, to - for example - locate the lists or maps related help items. Being able to jump there by single tap on a bookmarks button could be helpful.
I suggest to not statically assign bookmarks, but leave it to the use to mark portions of text. To help bookmarks survive version changes of the help document, the association could be preferable by text on a line, rather than by line number.

A long push on a line currently triggers the Android clipboard manager - this may be the way to set a bookmark, and add it as button to the title. Pushing a line, already associated with a bookmark, removes it. Sadly, the convenience of being able to mark, then copy a function name from here to clipboard, to paste it into the script editor, would be lost.

Therefore, as alternative, I could think of displaying one unassociated bookmark in title bar, which, when tapped, binds the topmost displayed help text line, then adds a new unassociated bookmark button. For removing, tapping the bookmark button, while the associated line is topmost, may do - but one may wish for a confirmation dialog, to prevent accidental bookmark removal. Long push on a help text line would still launch clipboard interaction.