Improve Input dialog

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

MURTUMA

Improve Input dialog

Post by MURTUMA » 04 Nov 2014 16:16

I have a flow which uses input dialog: time action and the values are absolute; time of day as opposed to relative "two hours from now". Sometimes I want it to increase only a minute or two so it would be convenient to change only minutes(using buttons instead of writing). When clock is 12:59, I would press arrow button two time, so it would be 13:01. Instead it shows 12:01 as the hour value doesn't change.

Could you add there an option which allows to use the dialog like a clock: when minutes increases from 59 to 60(or zero), the hour value would also increase.

FYI, I'm using GB and the dialog has buttons to increase and decrease the value. In KK the value is scrollable. Just mentioned, so there wouldn't be any confusion about that.

EDIT: Forgot to say that in this case the default value is current time.

ZSasha

Re: Improve Input dialog

Post by ZSasha » 29 Jan 2015 23:58

Also about "Input Dialog" - is it possible to add other than "Ok" and "Cancel" buttons there?
Ideally any custom-made buttons would be great.

Martin

Post by Martin » 30 Jan 2015 11:10

@Murtuma: Automagic uses the time-control that's provided by the Android ROM. Newer versions of Android already have the behavior you'd like and adjust the hour when the minute changes from 59 to 00, however this might also depend on manufacturer. Samsung usually disables this behavior. I have not planned to provide my own time-control widget in the near future.

@ZSasha: Can you give an example how would you like to use such custom buttons? Would a custom button apply or cancel the dialog and provide a custom value in variable operation or do you have something else in mind?

andy

Post by andy » 30 Jan 2015 17:25

@MURTUMA: if you use Xposed package there is a module called TimePicker Fix which one change the behavior. Maybe it works on your phone

MURTUMA

Post by MURTUMA » 30 Jan 2015 18:22

Thanks for the tip, andy. Unfortunately it hasn't been ported to GB.

ZSasha

Post by ZSasha » 01 Feb 2015 20:39

Hi Martin,

yes, that custom button would just pass some value into the flow. Optionally, I guess, it may or may not close the dialog (assuming the dialog could be closed form the flow).

One particular example - I want to change your "Clipboard manager" flow a little bit. I want to add an ability to change/edit any particular item rather than just copy it to the clipboard.
So the third custom button ("Edit") , placed next to the standard ones would just call some action (in my case - another flow).

Thanks.