trigger for closing s cover (samsung)

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

PaulyQ

Re: trigger for closing s cover (samsung)

Post by PaulyQ » 15 Mar 2014 11:09

The S-View function uses a Hall sensor so it looks like your best bet is to look for the text:

hallStatusChange,status=1
and/or
hallStatusChange,status=0

Having said that, a hall sensor is based on magnets and could constantly be triggered by any number of things which could in turn trigger the flow in AM over and over. This could tie up your phone's processor which will make the phone extremely unresponsive. I would only use this one if you are sure about what you are doing and include execution count with time limit and disable flow action to stop flow from executing continuously.

henkster

Post by henkster » 16 Mar 2014 09:49

Yes I tried that. Now I wanted to show you my non functioning flow...but could not send the flow.. also could not upload xml of the flow...jesus.. from another problem to another

levulose

Post by levulose » 25 Oct 2015 08:12

Any luck?

I too cant detect if the cover has opened.

I want to launch a note-taking app whenever the s-cover has opened.

Note4

emaeee

Post by emaeee » 01 Dec 2017 11:51

Martin wrote:To my knowledge Android has no API for this and Samsung does not provide an extension to access the feature so it's probably not possible to add a trigger in Automagic.

On a rooted device you could check if the system log prints something special when the cover is closed and react to this output with trigger Command Output: logcat -c; logcat -v time *:D (check: as root).

Regards,
Martin

Sorry to revive old thread but regarding this possibility to detect events in logcat:
Does the "Command Output: logcat -c; logcat -v time *:D"
keep working even when the flow gets disabled?

I mean: i enable the flow for a short period of time, then disable it and the actions won't be executed. But the command "logcat" would still be running in background, consuming battery?
I'd like to activate this trigger/flow for short periods of time and then put it to sleep.

Thanks

Martin

Post by Martin » 03 Dec 2017 19:37

The trigger should only execute the command while a flow that uses this trigger is active so it should not have any negative effect on the battery when the flow is disabled.

Regards,
Martin

emaeee

Post by emaeee » 10 Dec 2017 21:18

Martin wrote:The trigger should only execute the command while a flow that uses this trigger is active so it should not have any negative effect on the battery when the flow is disabled.

Regards,
Martin
Thank you for the explanation,
please add a kind of "thanks" button to the forum :P