Trigger: Bluetooth device nearby

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

Moebius

Trigger: Bluetooth device nearby

Post by Moebius » 06 Jan 2014 06:36

A trigger for nearby bluetooth devices would be nice.

Min. Parameters:
Device ID (multiple ID's should be possible)
Scan interval (continuous scan drains 2 much battery)
Invert (device not in range)

brunofin

Re: Trigger: Bluetooth device nearby

Post by brunofin » 06 Jan 2014 13:12

+1

I'm trying to find a way to switch a global boolean variable "global_carmode", which will trigger further actions when True or False (Open Waze, TuneIn, connect to car's stereo by bluetooth, change screen brightness to 100%, and more...). I tried with when speed raises above 12km/h and connected to AC charger, but was consuming way too much battery with GPS checking speed all the time. A trigger for when my car's bluetooth is available would be perfect! :)

And on a second though, a condition for available bluetooth devices can also be helpful. ;)
Python and Java Programmer

http://fingertools.net

kintrupf

Post by kintrupf » 06 Jan 2014 13:25

brunofin, take a look at the newest version of Automagic from the "EAP - Early Access Program" section of this forum.
This new version supports the new trigger "User Activity (Experimental)" which will trigger when you are moving in a car.
I use this new trigger to enable bluetooth, and for the past two days it has worked fine, bluetooth was automatically enabled after 2 or 3 minutes of driving time :D

I've added an example flow, but it requieres the new EAP version.
Moving_in_car.xml
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 1264 times

brunofin

Post by brunofin » 06 Jan 2014 13:32

kintrupf wrote:brunofin, take a look at the newest version of Automagic from the "EAP - Early Access Program" section of this forum.
This new version supports the new trigger "User Activity (Experimental)" which will trigger when you are moving in a car.
I use this new trigger to enable bluetooth, and for the past two days it has worked fine, bluetooth was automatically enabled after 2 or 3 minutes of driving time :D

I've added an example flow, but it requieres the new EAP version.
Moving_in_car.xml
That's nice, thanks! :) I'll check it as soon as possible.
Python and Java Programmer

http://fingertools.net

nanobot

Post by nanobot » 03 Sep 2014 08:49

Nevertheless a feature which checks the nearby BT devices would be very nice. I know it from Tasker but I switched to Automagic.

I have my android tab inside the car (the whole time) and I want to realize a simple alarm system. If the car is moving the tab should check if my or my wifes iPhone is present, otherwise the tab will send a prowl notification to my iphone and will upload the GPS data every minute to a file in my Dropbox. Everything works except for the search of nearby BT devices.

ZSasha

Post by ZSasha » 03 Sep 2014 22:09

nanobot wrote:Nevertheless a feature which checks the nearby BT devices would be very nice. I know it from Tasker but I switched to Automagic.

I have my android tab inside the car (the whole time) and I want to realize a simple alarm system. If the car is moving the tab should check if my or my wifes iPhone is present, otherwise the tab will send a prowl notification to my iphone and will upload the GPS data every minute to a file in my Dropbox. Everything works except for the search of nearby BT devices.
How about using what was suggested in the previous post by brunofin ? Use this as a trigger and once the flow starts, check whether you have your phones connected or not.
Yes, they may be nearby and not connected but usually you would like them to be actually connected to your tablet, right?

Otherwise, you can try https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tion&hl=en - it is a plugin for Tasker that check BT devices that are near to you but not connected. But it is paid soft.

nanobot

Post by nanobot » 07 Sep 2014 11:01

Hi,

well I don't want to have a connection between the iPhone and the Android tab, because there is no need. I just want to know if an known iPhone is in the near - lets say the iPhone is only for authorization to avoid an alert notification.

And why to buy a plugin for Tasker, I want to use Automagic? In addition Tasker can check BT devices nearby as a feature - no need to pay for a plugin. ;)

PaulyQ

Post by PaulyQ » 14 Sep 2014 09:12

I've attached a "general broadcast" example showing how to record that an unpaired bluetooth device is near which gives the name and signal strength of the new device:

http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... fd98035d39

It should work when your phone's "BT" is in scanning mode.

nanobot

Post by nanobot » 15 Sep 2014 18:59

Thanks a lot PaulyQ! I will try it as soon as possible!

nanobot

Post by nanobot » 16 Sep 2014 12:16

@ZSasha: I installed the trial of the mentioned plugin, but there seem to be a bug. I only can select to look for ANY device nearby. I also tried the plugin with Tasker - no difference! So I get in touch with the support, but no answer up to now.

@PaulyQ: I tried your flow, but I'm not able to get it working. The only change I made was the string of the device name in the condition. Is that correct?