Pressy support

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

manuel

Pressy support

Post by manuel » 12 Oct 2013 19:40

It still not exist :) , but it will and it would be very nice to be able to launch automagic flows via pressy.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/556 ... oid-button

mechrekt

Re: Pressy support

Post by mechrekt » 21 Oct 2013 14:43

+1!!

mechrekt

Post by mechrekt » 18 Jul 2014 12:17

Hey, today I've received my pressy button!
Is there a chance to have some implementation for automagic flows?

Thank you in advance!

Martin

Post by Martin » 18 Jul 2014 13:16

Does Pressy support to start shortcuts? If yes, you could create a flow with trigger Shortcut and execute the flow from pressy.
Perhaps Pressy could also implement a regular event- or condition-plugin which would allow Pressy to execute actions in many automation apps like Locale, Llama etc.
I have sent a mail to Pressy suppport some moments ago, let's see what they say.

ZSasha

Post by ZSasha » 20 Jul 2014 22:47

mechrekt wrote:Hey, today I've received my pressy button!
Is there a chance to have some implementation for automagic flows?

Thank you in advance!
Meanwhile it is just a button (pretty much the same as Xiaomi button, Klick, etc etc) so you can use "Media button pressed" trigger that is called every time when a button is pressed.
On this forum someobe published a flow that can track and react on 1, 2 and 3 "clicks" so you can launch three different flows from there.
Unfortunately long press is not supported.

Martin, all those applications (form Pressy, Xiaomi, Klick etc) DO can react differently based on short or LONG click. It means they do have a way to detect long press events whereas your awesome app can't and I think you said it was not technically possible. If you could have a second look at that I am hoping you may find a way how to detect LONG press events so we won't need any of those apps at all!

colabi

Post by colabi » 21 Jul 2014 14:49

For long press, you can use an "Expression" condition and check for key_duration
ex:
trigger: "Media button pressed"
condition: "Expression"
key_duration > 500
--> true

Martin

Post by Martin » 21 Jul 2014 16:50

Some ROMs capture a long press and start Google Now or similar apps instead of triggering a media button event. You can use a trigger Speech Web Search Requested to capture this on some ROMs (but I'm almost sure that some ROMs won't work).