MHL connection trigger

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

zr2ee

MHL connection trigger

Post by zr2ee » 26 Sep 2013 11:12

As many people are starting to use their devices in their vehicles with headunits supporting mirrorlink and other mirroring technologies i think it would be good to add a MHL connection trigger as to distinguish between standard external power and power with audio video output.

emaeee

Re: MHL connection trigger

Post by emaeee » 16 Oct 2018 12:35

I'd like to have this trigger too. Also, new high-end USB-C video output trigger too (displayport).
For Mhl technology this could help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/864 ... in-android

On many phones, the Mhl connection usually triggers the display of a notification in the statusbar (by some system app), so this could be used as a workaround in the meantime
Thanks

Desmanto

Re: MHL connection trigger

Post by Desmanto » 16 Oct 2018 15:34

5 years have passed, and I still can't see this feature to become mainstream. Since it is quite niche, probably it won't get priority to be added soon. You can always use Trigger General Broadcast : android.intent.action.HDMI_HW_PLUGGED
It is basically the same. For some other event, we can also use this trigger as long as we know the exact broadcast intent of the event.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.