Lock a flow from alteration with passcode

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

evebrea

Lock a flow from alteration with passcode

Post by evebrea » 12 Sep 2013 02:50

I want to make a flow so that once made and set enabled, it cannot be disabled by anyone unless the passcode it asks for is input, locking the flow from access/alteration by unwanted individuals. Would this be possible, or is there a way to hide a flow as a xml/txt file and have it only accessed when desired?

what i'm doing is making a "find my device" flow, that plays a sound to get attention, then informs the person holding it (if there is one) that it is now going to track location. From there, i'm going to make it lock down the device and set a passcode.. but all this is pointless if the person who has made off with the device simply disables the flow or turns it off.

standalonescript

Re: Lock a flow from alteration with passcode

Post by standalonescript » 13 Sep 2013 05:08

There are several apps on the market that allow you to create locks for specific applications. That will at least give you a workaround.

Josh

evebrea

Post by evebrea » 14 Sep 2013 02:09

Hm. not a bad idea, but won't it keep automagic flow from running if the app can't open?

standalonescript

Post by standalonescript » 14 Sep 2013 22:21

It will not affect services, only the ability to open specified apps. The one I used to use (and need to start using again honestly) is smart app protector ( formerly app lock). I don't know if there is free version or if free version will suit your needs.