Turn off screen action and more options to control sensors

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

Frankiep

Turn off screen action and more options to control sensors

Post by Frankiep » 27 Apr 2013 21:46

I tried to use the shake to change the song and it was too sensitive and since I can't ignore triggers the song kept changing even if I had put a delay. I did set the shake sensor to the lowest sensitivity, but while walking the trigger kept causing the songs to skip to the next one. There is a program called Jukefox that has this functionality and the walking never caused un-intended triggers. Also Based on sensor to have the ability to turn off immediately the screen to save on battery.

syndromtr

Re: Turn off screen action and more options to control senso

Post by syndromtr » 28 Apr 2013 07:28

hi, temporarily, with this current automagic version, you can stabilize shake trigger these ways:

- after shake trigger, you can add execution count condition, for ex. 2 times in 2 secons, if result is Y - go on flow..
- after shake trigger, you can add device orientation condition, to check shake only in special device orientations, only face up for ex. , if result Y - go on flow..

i agree, currently, only with shake trigger and its settings, without those above, triggering results are not very stable..

Martin

Post by Martin » 28 Apr 2013 08:23

Action Lock Device turns the screen off on most devices.

Regards,
Martin

Frankiep

Post by Frankiep » 30 Apr 2013 12:48

syndromtr wrote:hi, temporarily, with this current automagic version, you can stabilize shake trigger these ways:

- after shake trigger, you can add execution count condition, for ex. 2 times in 2 secons, if result is Y - go on flow..
- after shake trigger, you can add device orientation condition, to check shake only in special device orientations, only face up for ex. , if result Y - go on flow..

i agree, currently, only with shake trigger and its settings, without those above, triggering results are not very stable..
Thanks for the tip. I did try that before and if the flow is triggered repeatedly during the pause it will either start a new execution which is not desired or it will stop the flow do to error. I also tried using a counter with variable and again the same issue, the flow would start since it seems to be storing the triggers. So far using any mechanism to delay the effect of the trigger results the same or on a very long wait for the desired action to be performed. I did find a nice simple way to solve the issue and it is so use device orientation either left or right and it will trigger a music change. The problem is that it is creating a wakelock that is eating lots of battery so I had to disable it. Trying to figure out how to use it and minimize battery usage, no luck so far.

It would be helpful if someone has more details on how each trigger is activated and how they are stored in memory. I really miss a mute/pause trigger during flow execution, that would solve this issue immediately.

Frankiep

Post by Frankiep » 30 Apr 2013 12:49

Martin wrote:Action Lock Device turns the screen off on most devices.

Regards,
Martin
Thanks a lot, using it for lots of things now :-)

syndromtr

Post by syndromtr » 30 Apr 2013 13:17

hi, in these cases best way is examining created flows and i recommend, create a task with multiple flows, let flow 1 controls main trigger (it's always active) and it has ability to enable-disable flow 2-3...
flow 2-3.. use battery draining triggers inside. for ex. shake, sensor triggers, gps, compass, and after flow 2-3.. does its job, use "set flow state" and disable them..

my example flow http://automagic4android.com/forum/view ... f=3&t=1831
screen on with shake, better flowsets can be created of course (more efficient & more battery friendly)