Ignore trigger if x and ignore trigger if action is on

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

Frankiep

Ignore trigger if x and ignore trigger if action is on

Post by Frankiep » 27 Apr 2013 21:42

I would like to create a flow and have the option to ignore a trigger if an specific command is active like sleep. Also it would be good if triggers could be ignored if variables have some specific value. Example of use: Shake device trigger, action activated and start count loop that would be used as a trigger for another action. If the variable is between some range or value, the trigger is ignored.

Martin

Re: Ignore trigger if x and ignore trigger if action is on

Post by Martin » 28 Apr 2013 08:05

You can disable a flow (and the used triggers) by using an action Set Flow State: Disable flowxyz. You can also exit early from a flow by adding a condition right after the trigger.

Regards,
Martin

Frankiep

Re: Ignore trigger if x and ignore trigger if action is on

Post by Frankiep » 30 Apr 2013 13:20

Martin wrote:You can disable a flow (and the used triggers) by using an action Set Flow State: Disable flowxyz. You can also exit early from a flow by adding a condition right after the trigger.

Regards,
Martin
Thanks for the feedback. I am using the Set Flow State: Disable flowxyz , but the issue is let's say the shake trigger is activated and if the music player is not playing then disable the flow. Then I would need an action to turn on the flow when the music app is activated. The issue is for this example that I set up the shake trigger, the music player is on and put variables or sleep to dampen the effect of the trigger, even changed the setting to the lowest sensitivity, but it is still too sensitive and under the environment I am using the device (my messenger bag) during walking the trigger is activated.

I do not know how the triggers are stored while a flow is running. From some tests I have done it seems they are stored in memory and if a limit is reached it stops the flow with an error notification or if the flow completes then the trigger executes the flow again even if this is not the desired action. It could well be that I am not implementing the flow properly. This is what I did:
Trigger: shake device - decision: music app on? yes: continue flow - sleep: 2s - action: media button next. The result is even with shake on lowest sensitivity there are constant triggers activating the flow. I used an app called Jukefox that has a similar functionality and it worked fine while carrying in my bag.