Condition for app ended or not running?

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

InTheRough

Condition for app ended or not running?

Post by InTheRough » 25 Mar 2013 00:09

Is this handled in a way I am not finding, or can it be added?

Martin

Re: Condition for app ended or not running?

Post by Martin » 25 Mar 2013 09:48

You can try to use Trigger App Task Ended to trigger when an app is moved to the background.

MURTUMA

Post by MURTUMA » 25 Mar 2013 10:19

Me too. :)

I'd like to see NOT RUNNING trigger because it would eliminate a lot of loops using sleep action. Some things are just not possible or feasible enough to archieve with only task ended condition/trigger.

InTheRough

Post by InTheRough » 28 Mar 2013 01:10

Martin wrote:You can try to use Trigger App Task Ended to trigger when an app is moved to the background.
So are you saying one would need to call another flow to do this within another flow?

Martin

Post by Martin » 28 Mar 2013 10:29

You can also use a condition App Task Running to check it in a condition.

MURTUMA

Post by MURTUMA » 29 Mar 2013 10:57

Martin wrote:You can also use a condition App Task Running to check it in a condition.
From what I have seen, it only detects an app currently running in foreground. Ie. I made a flow to turn GPS on when opening map application and turn it off respectively. As it turns out, if I leave the map to home screen the flow stops recognizeing the map is still running and turns GPS off.

That can be fixed with a little loop to check if I return to map within predefined time period, but it would be much more convenient with properly working NOT RUNNING trigger or condition.

InTheRough

Post by InTheRough » 01 Apr 2013 17:08

MURTUMA wrote:
Martin wrote:You can also use a condition App Task Running to check it in a condition.
From what I have seen, it only detects an app currently running in foreground. Ie. I made a flow to turn GPS on when opening map application and turn it off respectively. As it turns out, if I leave the map to home screen the flow stops recognizeing the map is still running and turns GPS off.

That can be fixed with a little loop to check if I return to map within predefined time period, but it would be much more convenient with properly working NOT RUNNING trigger or condition.
This is one I have worked on as well. I have the same experience, if the map is not the foreground app, GPS gets turned off.