Unlock Device

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

dbam

Unlock Device

Post by dbam » 04 Mar 2013 10:33

Hi,

I saw that there is an action to lock my device, but there seems to be no (direct?) way to unlock it. I used this feature in my Llama rules and it would be great if Automagic also offered it.

Regards,

db

Vyza

Re: Unlock Device

Post by Vyza » 13 Mar 2013 14:45

I'm able to "unlock" my device by using the Set Keyguard State (Off) and Turn Screen On (Bright) actions. However, the Set Keyguard State "is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices." (see action's help).

Remember to re-enable the Keyguard with the Set Keyguard State (On) to restore the lock screen functionality after previously unlocking it or you'll never see without a restart.

I use this method to turn on my screen, bypass the lock screen, and display my home screen whenever I dock my phone. I then re-enable the lock screen upon removing my phone from the docking station.

Hopefully the Set Keyboard State action will work for your device.

dbam

Post by dbam » 14 Mar 2013 12:54

Thanks for the answer. I had tried this before and it worked for me. But you have to make sure that the keyguard gets turned on again otherwise you have a major security problem. Sure you can write a corresponding trigger to turn it on again, but when there are complex triggers involved I would have a bad feeling :-)

I would just like to have the device unlocked once.

I also think we should have a "builtin" for it in order to have a portable solution.

That's why I made my post.

skipper-pit

Post by skipper-pit » 21 Mar 2013 19:20

Ich würde eine Unlock-Screen-Funktion ebenfalls sehr begrüßen, da die oben erwähnte Prozedur auf meinem S1 mit Tsunami X 4.6 nicht funktioniert.

dbam

Post by dbam » 22 Mar 2013 09:50

Martin

Post by Martin » 25 Mar 2013 09:45

I did not yet find a function/API in Android to do this.
Does anyone know of an app available in Google Play that managed to implement this properly?

If you have a rooted device then you can try to use "Execute Root Command: input keyevent 82" to pass the slide-to-unlock-keyguard.

For pin-lock you can use:
-"Execute Root Command: input text 1234" to enter the pin
-"Execute Root Command: input keyevent 66" to press the enter key

dbam

Post by dbam » 25 Mar 2013 10:50

As I indicated in my original post the LLama app ("Llama - Location Profiles") provides such a function and it works just fine.

dbam

Post by dbam » 10 Apr 2013 10:39

I am not an Android programming guru so I tried to google for solutions: Does http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1435 ... mmatically give a hint to a solution?

LightTempler

Post by LightTempler » 10 Apr 2013 12:33

The app 'Unlock with WiFi' does a very good job in managing this task. It removes the PIN code
at home and add itback again when leaving. No root rights for. The descriptions to security behind
the scene shows: The authors is a pro. But even with this app you have to unlock by moving
the circle to the right. No PIN entering anymore, fine, but no prevent of locking.

dbam

Post by dbam » 11 Apr 2013 14:55

Llama does not require any manual interaction. You just get your homescreen and there you go...