Custom icon images for shortcuts

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

cunningt

Custom icon images for shortcuts

Post by cunningt » 29 Jan 2013 03:34

Idea:

- within Automagic settings, allow us to specify/select a storage folder where it would look for our own icon images that adhere to certain specs

- then when clicking "Install Shortcut" it could also display these custom icons for us to choose from, instead of just the icons from the installed apps list or wherever Automagic currently gets its icons list from.

- when I tried using something like the free "MetroStation icon pack" app that allows for creating many slick icon possibilities due to it being able to generage custom icon images after you choose any desired base color... then in my opinion being able to use these images would be a "nice to have" feature for Automagic, as one example.

So I'm not sure if this would be easy to implement, or even technically possible, or if I should instead be using a feature that already exists (Custom Widgets?).

Thank you for your time. :-)

iam

Re: Custom icon images for shortcuts

Post by iam » 02 May 2013 06:42

+1 for custom icons on shortcut. For the moment, I have to use Go Launcher to achieve this :)