Preferences Adjustment

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

goodsignal

Preferences Adjustment

Post by goodsignal » 11 Jan 2013 00:01

Please divide "Show Status Icon" into two separate preferences.

While I want Automagic to be kept alive all the time, I do not want the status icon to take up precious space in the status area. I only want to see the status icon if there is some reason the app demands my attention -- like it didn't run a flow correctly or the auto has switched to manual or the magic has disappeared. ;)

Martin

Re: Preferences Adjustment

Post by Martin » 11 Jan 2013 10:20

It is a technical requirement of Android to show this icon, otherwise the operating system stops and restarts the Automagic service when memory is scarce and therefore some triggers could be missed under such conditions. You can try to use Automagic without the status icon and see if it is reliable enough on your device.

TadW

Post by TadW » 07 Mar 2013 21:02

Hello,

Sorry to bump up this older thread, but I think the technical requirements have changed in recent Android versions. Specifically, since JB you can make that notification invisible from the bar (only show it in the pull down). It would be nice if Automagic could support this since its notification icon doesn't serve any true notification purpose.

More on hidden (opportunistic) notification with PRIORITY_MIN: http://developer.android.com/design/pat ... tions.html

Martin

Post by Martin » 08 Mar 2013 14:14

The priority seems to work, the notification is only shown in the pulldown. I will test this and change it in the next update when testing goes well.
Thanks for the hint!