Start Chrome in full screen mode

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

canix11

Start Chrome in full screen mode

Post by canix11 » 16 Mar 2020 12:48

Hi,

I'm configuring a tablet to function as a wall-mounted dashboard.
I want the tablet to automatically boot and start a web-site in Chrome in full screen mode.

How can I start a web-site in full screen mode automatically?

It needs to be with Chrome or Firefox since the web-site has plugins that require it.

Today I have a bookmarked saved on the home screen that will open in full screen mode. I have tried Auto Start app but it can't start in full screen.
I have even tried to modify the policies for immersive over USB and adb.exe but nothing happens.

BoBo

Re: Start Chrome in full screen mode

Post by BoBo » 16 Mar 2020 20:18

Hi,
a) AFAICS your request for help should be asked in the User Help section of the forum ... ;)
b) are you talking about running Chrome fullscreen AKA "Kiosk"-mode?
If it can't be done with AM probably this helps: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .singleapp

Good luck 8-)

Desmanto

Re: Start Chrome in full screen mode

Post by Desmanto » 18 Mar 2020 18:49

What is the android version of the tablet? I hope it is android lollipop 5.0 above. If yes, then it should have feature screen pinning, can be accessed from the recent menu.

If you only need chrome to be full screen without status bar nor navigation bar, simply use Trigger App Task Started : Chrome / Firefox. Then use action Set Immersive mode to "Without Navigation". To revert back when exit from Chrome, use App Task Ended : Chrome / Firefox, use same action set immersive mode and reset to default. You can combine both flows using the concept here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8615

With only immersive mode, you can still swipe from above or bottom to access status bar or navigation bar. To prevent any access to them, you need to use screen pinning. This can be achieved using Control UI. However the script will be different in each device (depends on the ROM). In most devices, the script should be something like this

Code: Select all

recents();
sleep(500);
longclick("Chrome");
sleep(500);
click("Pin");
First it press the recent menu. Then long press at the Chrome icon/label. Then press pin. The wording might differ if you use different language. That's why you have to find it by yourself. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7320
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.