Shake the phone to toggle the flashlight (on/off)

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

elektroinside

Shake the phone to toggle the flashlight (on/off)

Post by elektroinside » 02 Mar 2019 23:31

Turn your flashlight ON if you shake your phone (or OFF if it was turned on by the previous shake). The phone vibrates if triggered. Also automatically turns OFF the flash after 1 minute.

You have to enable both flows.

Enjoy :)

http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... 5c73cdf082

Desmanto

Re: Shake the phone to toggle the flashlight (on/off)

Post by Desmanto » 03 Mar 2019 07:52

Be aware of using flows with sensor-based triggers. The flow is running background all the time listening to the sensor value. It might drain more battery on some devices. Mis-trigger also can be a common thing, especially when the action is flashlight, which drain battery. So better have something to enable/disable that flow only when needed. I usually have a complement flow to toggle those kind of flows' state.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

elektroinside

Re: Shake the phone to toggle the flashlight (on/off)

Post by elektroinside » 03 Mar 2019 08:01

You're perfectly right, thank you for adding this, I thought it's obvious, but might not be for everybody. I too have a widget/shortcut, which toggles the flow states, especially that I have set the sensitivity to high on my phone (the shared one is set to the default medium). I added "the turn off flash in 1 min" exactly to avoid draining in case of accidental trigger.