Different alarm clock depending on shift

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

tphg

Re: Different alarm clock depending on shift

Post by tphg » 10 Mar 2018 06:34

Desmanto wrote:Probably need to open new thread, so I don't mis-assume. But it is ok, I get it now. Just continue here.

What happen is something like this?
1. Google keep has notification
2. Flow not triggered
3. Unlolck the phone using flipcase
4. Flow triggered immediately

Try to uncheck and re-check again the notification access for Automagic. Sometimes it is checked, but the permission is denied. I have flow to log whatsapp notification that I activated on several occassion, so we still can read those deleted message before it get deleted. The notification still get logged even screen is off.
I've just found this phenomenon: when I restart my phone and re-test the flow, it works well but for the first time only.
My answer for your question:
1) Google Keep has notification on status bar
2) Don't know how to check if flow is triggered during phone lock.
3) Yes, I'm using the flipcase which has a magnet for auto-unlocking and turning on phone screen when being opened.
4) Yes,the flow triggered immediately when the flipcase opened.
Now I'm temporarily using Ticktick which works well for giving notification sound. The notification sound is so important to me that it is hard to accept the app which works unreliably.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 10 Mar 2018 08:09

tphg wrote: I've just found this phenomenon: when I restart my phone and re-test the flow, it works well but for the first time only.
3) Yes, I'm using the flipcase which has a magnet for auto-unlocking and turning on phone screen when being opened.
Now I'm temporarily using Ticktick which works well for giving notification sound. The notification sound is so important to me that it is hard to accept the app which works unreliably.
Do you whitelist google keep from battery optimization too? It can be the google keep suppress the notification during sleep. You can check the log and see when the flow started. Or it would be easier to add a script directly after the trigger. First create a glovar list, example global_log_keep, and change the type to list. Then in the script, put

Code: Select all

addElement(global_log_keep, triggertime);
Let the flow got triggered by the notification and check the glovar for the time. Did any of those happen during the screen off? Or It only triggered during screen on?
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

tphg

Post by tphg » 10 Mar 2018 11:13

Desmanto wrote:
tphg wrote: I've just found this phenomenon: when I restart my phone and re-test the flow, it works well but for the first time only.
Do you whitelist google keep from battery optimization too? It can be the google keep suppress the notification during sleep. You can check the log and see when the flow started. Or it would be easier to add a script directly after the trigger. First create a glovar list, example global_log_keep, and change the type to list. Then in the script, put

Let the flow got triggered by the notification and check the glovar for the time. Did any of those happen during the screen off? Or It only triggered during screen on?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Don't know why but now it's working well.
Yes, I whitelist google keep from battery optimization as well.
Sorry but I've searched in Automagic help but could not find how to create glovar list as recommended by you.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 10 Mar 2018 11:25

tphg wrote: Thanks a lot for your help.
Sorry but I've searched in Automagic help but could not find how to create glovar list as recommended by you.
Probably it is the battery optimization. It always cause unpredictable things.

For creating glovar, just go hamburger menu > Global Variables > tap the plus and add the global_log_keep (or any name). Change the type to list and press ok. That will create an empty glovar with list type. I usually create it manually since it is a one time job.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

tphg

Post by tphg » 10 Mar 2018 15:47

Desmanto wrote:
tphg wrote: Thanks a lot for your help.
Probably it is the battery optimization. It always cause unpredictable things.

For creating glovar, just go hamburger menu > Global Variables > tap the plus and add the global_log_keep (or any name). Change the type to list and press ok. That will create an empty glovar with list type. I usually create it manually since it is a one time job.
Oh, I see. Now I knew glovar is abbreviation of Global Variables. That's why I could not find it when searching the keyword "glovar".
I've added glovar following your instruction, then how will I do to add it to my flow?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 11 Mar 2018 12:50

Use script and add my previous code.
Desmanto wrote: Then in the script, put

I have packed up my variable logger flow, but haven't finish typing it yet. I will share soon after I have finish. As usual, documenting it takes much more time than creating the flow itself :(
Check out this sub forum later (several hours later)

tphg

Post by tphg » 11 Mar 2018 14:24

Desmanto wrote:Use script and add my previous code.
Desmanto wrote: Then in the script, put

I have packed up my variable logger flow, but haven't finish typing it yet. I will share soon after I have finish. As usual, documenting it takes much more time than creating the flow itself :(
Check out this sub forum later (several hours later)
Thanks a lot @Desmanto. I'll wait for it.
Today my flow for Google Keep's notification suddently had the problem of no alarm sound again, although I didn't change anything.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 11 Mar 2018 17:35

tphg wrote: Thanks a lot @Desmanto. I'll wait for it.
Today my flow for Google Keep's notification suddently had the problem of no alarm sound again, although I didn't change anything.
Can't finish it tonight :( I can't stop typing, adding too much explanation. Should wait for tomorrow.

For Google Keep, try to check the battery optimization again. I think most likely the system itself is the culprit.

tphg

Post by tphg » 12 Mar 2018 00:29

Desmanto wrote:
tphg wrote: Thanks a lot @Desmanto. I'll wait for it.
Can't finish it tonight :( I can't stop typing, adding too much explanation. Should wait for tomorrow.

For Google Keep, try to check the battery optimization again. I think most likely the system itself is the culprit.
Yes, I frequently check and Keep is still in whitelist of battery optimization.
No hurry, Desmanto.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 12 Mar 2018 18:14

tphg wrote: Yes, I frequently check and Keep is still in whitelist of battery optimization.
No hurry, Desmanto.
Finally finish it. Take a look : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7285
You can use it to log the Google keep notification to see if the notification appear during the sleep. From there, you can troubleshoot who is the culprit.