Call blocker

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

tphg

Call blocker

Post by tphg » 06 Dec 2017 05:02

I'm trying to make a flow for blocking the call number with certain national prefix, let say +77.
First I tried with a specific number to see if the call will be block.
But unfortunately, the action "End Call" that I used couldn't work on my phone which is not root yet.
Anyone know how to make this action to work. I overheard we could use some ADB command to enable this function, couldn't we?
Sorry that I have searched but could not find the solution.

akhileshg1988

Re: Call blocker

Post by akhileshg1988 » 23 Dec 2017 17:05

What exactly do you mean by blocking a call?
What do you want Automagic to do?REJECT THE CALL AS SOON AS YOUR PHONE RINGS? OR WHAT?

tphg

Post by tphg » 25 Dec 2017 00:57

akhileshg1988 wrote:What exactly do you mean by blocking a call?
What do you want Automagic to do?REJECT THE CALL AS SOON AS YOUR PHONE RINGS? OR WHAT?
Yes, I would like Automagic to reject the call as soon as my phone rings.
I sometimes received fraud phone call from some numbers so called satellite number like +22xxxxxx, +25xxxxxx,... and people warn that I should not pick the phone up otherwise I would be charged when connecting to such calls.
So I need to reject those calls so that they won't disturb me.

temp0rary

Post by temp0rary » 08 Feb 2018 17:48

tphg wrote:I'm trying to make a flow for blocking the call number with certain national prefix, let say +77.
But unfortunately, the action "End Call" that I used couldn't work on my phone which is not root yet.
Anyone know how to make this action to work. I overheard we could use some ADB command to enable this function, couldn't we?
Try out RCB instead. Root call blocker. Gets the job done much better then this app on call blocking.

tphg

Post by tphg » 09 Feb 2018 00:39

temp0rary wrote:
tphg wrote:I'm trying to make a flow for blocking the call number with certain national prefix, let say +77.
Try out RCB instead. Root call blocker. Gets the job done much better then this app on call blocking.
Thank to temp0rary for your recommendation. As I know, Root Call Blocker needs the phone to be rooted for it to work perfectly, doesn't it (my phone is unrooted one)?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 09 Feb 2018 17:15

It seems I missed your thread. Or Probably I ignore it because it is posted in the wrong subforum.

The most effective call blocker can only be implemented by the maker of the phone. It should blocked the number and doesn't generate any call event to the phone (or automagic). Or even more effective, call your carrier and ask them to block these specific scam number. When a lot of people report the same, hopefully they will take action and block it.

Meanwhile, if you don't have that function at your phone, you can use Control Ui to solve your problem. My phone also doesn't react to the action End Call. But you can always use Control UI to press the end call button. So the trigger is Incoming Call - Ringing. It will supply you the caller number. Check the number, if it is in the list of your blocked number, then use Control UI to press the End Call button at your phone. Mine is

Code: Select all

clickById("com.android.dialer:id/floating_end_call_action_button");
Of course, modify to suit your phone. To store the block list, you can just simply use a newList(), and put it into the script. Most likely the list is not too, so just store it inside the same flow.

This will still give you a split second of distraction when the number call and immediately got rejected. Not the best solution, but at least you won't accidentally answer the call. Since human reaction is at most 100-300 ms fast, but Automagic can be as fast as 4 ms (at Control UI it is slower, probably 50 ms). The rejected call probably also generate missed call notification, you might want to remove it too.

As for adb, it is possible to use input keyevent 6 (END_CALL). But to do it without root, you have to use Control UI too, and change the keyboard to Automagic Keyboard using Set Default Input Method, which require root. So not possible to do it, and the method also takes longer (need to change keyboard - send event - change back the keyboard).
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

tphg

Post by tphg » 10 Feb 2018 00:40

Many thanks for your valuable and clear idea always.
Let me learn and try it, as so far I'm still not familiar with using script.

Xamgin

Post by Xamgin » 14 Feb 2018 06:55

I am not quite sure about what exactly do you mean by blocking a call?
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

thecid.ia2002

Post by thecid.ia2002 » 05 Oct 2018 19:09

pueden verificar acabo de hacer un flow para bloquear llamadas, se podra modificar para cualquier numero