CellID Recorder

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

TheBrain1984

CellID Recorder

Post by TheBrain1984 » 05 Dec 2017 09:27

Who need it?
Everybody, who want to trigger events by areas without using GPS.

Requirements:
None (except Automagic itself of course)

Preparation you should do:
Think about which areas you want. The installation will ask for it

How does it work?
It's a "learning" module, so if you don't teach it, it will simply do nothing. And in the first few days it is still not the "smartest" module.
You can "record" the CellIDs (CIDs) that belong to specific area. After record you can use the variable "global_all_known_cids" in the trigger "Phone Cell GSM" and "ask" the variable "global_active_area" in which area you are.

How to handle it?
You can either tap the widget or start the flow "CID Input published" in any way you like to start it. After starting it, it asks you how long you think you will be in the area and in which area. It records every CID you pass in that time and link it to the area. If you leave the area before time is up, you can tap on "CANCEL" on the notification "CIDs recording" or start the flow "CID Cancel".

How to install
Just start the flow "00_Install_CID" and follow the instruction. You will have to set a few paramters (fallback_area and names for the specific areas)

Known issues
the trigger "Phone Cell GSM" works with the variable "global_all_known_cids", so the trigger don't differ between your specified areas and for the trigger all your areas will be recognized as one big (divided) area. So if two (or more) areas are too close together (they share a CellID or two CellIDs are neighboors to each other) it can be, that trigger won't fire if you leave an area and enter another one, that happens if you don't pass a not known CellID.

UPDATE 05.12.2017:
translated (hopefully) every input dialoge and every notification to english.

UPDATE 10.12.2017:
New area initializing problem fixed

http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... a7016c1b1a

FWEB

Re: CellID Recorder

Post by FWEB » 06 Jun 2018 19:33

Hi Brain,

thanks for those flows. They helped me a lot in getting started with automagic.

I might have found two potential problems.
a) In "CID Input Publish" the first time "CID Rec" is executed. As that is not triggered by a cellId-change cid is empty (Android 8.0). Therefore the current cellId won't be added to the list. This can be fixed by inserting a condition for GSM-cellid!=-1 after the trigger in CID-REC - although it looks a little akward in a normal CID-REC-flow started by the trigger.

b) I assume the current AreaCHK will update the global_active_area only if switching from one area to another involves moving through unknown cells. I think triggering that flow by both "leaving global_act_cids" and "entering global_all_known_cids" might solve the problem - or triggering the flow for any change in cell-IDs.

(I still have to find out how to make use of this. Especially how do I ensure that your flows setting the global_active_area have finished before I use it.)

Best regards

Franz

chel_park

Re: CellID Recorder

Post by chel_park » 22 Aug 2018 10:34

Nice and detailed information provided, it'll be really useful if someone is able to log Cell ID
I love to play unblocked games from online websites. Happy wheels is my favorite game: https://happywheelsunblocked.fun