Text Expansion 2.0 is here

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

TheBrain1984

Re: Text Expansion 2.0 is here

Post by TheBrain1984 » 08 Dec 2017 12:37

That works for me

vamzicool

Post by vamzicool » 09 Dec 2017 06:07

TheBrain1984 i have made modifications to the flows to restrict text expansion in showing shorthands only in specific apps. This change is made "under the hood". So you will have to add the app names by directly going inside text_expansion.txt file as shown below :

gbtp,global_textexp_app,Automagic Premium,Google

if you append the appnames to the shorthand and expansion as shown above using "," seperator, the above shorthand "gbtp" will only get shown in the above two apps.(omit spaces around app names while adding them to the text file).

The @add and @edit commands can be used to update shorthands and expansions. Later you can go inside the text file to append app names to the existing rows.I have not added prompting for app names with these commands as this change may not be needed by all users.

As an addition i have added a command @ldt which will expand to a long date like "Saturday, 09th Dec 2017". Also an @send command will upload text_expansion.txt file to google drive(edit that action to set upload drive folder to that of your choice).

As usual delete all the old flows and import the new ones give below :
http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... 104d71c731

TheBrain1984

Post by TheBrain1984 » 09 Dec 2017 23:50

thx. The first tries works fine.

vamzicool

Post by vamzicool » 12 Dec 2017 04:58

TheBrain1984 i have updated the @add and @edit commands to additionally ask for the apps to restrict the shorthand. Just enter app names seperated by commas when needed. If left blank the shorthand will be accessible globally in all apps. Now there is no need to touch the text_expansion.txt file. All operations can be done through predefined commands.

News updated flows given below :
http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... 0bb39a29be

Rafi4

Post by Rafi4 » 12 Dec 2017 05:35

Hi
I am using Samsung Galaxy j2
How can I use Text Expansion 2.0 please tell me

vamzicool

Post by vamzicool » 12 Dec 2017 07:02

Here's the documentation for Text Expansion 2.0

As the name suggests Text Expansion 2.0 expands the last typed word into a text that you have defined before. For our sake lets call that last word a" shorthand" and the text that gets replaced or expanded to the "expansion". So if i type a shorthand gb, it will get expanded to expansion "Godwin Burby". The expansion doesn't take place automatically instead a green round widget is shown at the center of the screen when a shorthand is typed and clicking on it will expand the text to the expansion. If the shorthand partially matches the available shorthands, a yellow round widget is shown, which when clicked will show all the available shorthands matching the typed word. Clicking on any one of this list will expand the text to that shorthand.

All the shorthands, expansions are stored in a text file text_expansion.txt in the download folder.

There are predefined commands that can be typed which will help to add, edit , delete, find and send shorthands and expansion. They are :

@add - Prompts for shorthand and expansion, and creates it.
@del or @delete - shows all shorthands, selecting one will delete it.
@edit - shows all shorthands, selecting one allow to update an existing shorthand.
@fnd or @find - prompts for text to find matching the available shorthands and expansions.
@send - will send the text_expansion.txt file to google drive folder(change the drive folder name to that of your choice by editing that action)

The @add and @edit command additionally prompts for app names separated by commas. If entered, the current shorthand will only be available inside those apps. If left blank, the shorthand will be globally available in all apps. The @add, @edit and @del commands updates shorthands to text_expansion.txt file inside download folder.

Additionally some more useful commands are available which instantly expands without showing the widget. They are :

@dt - expands to current date
@tdt - expands to current date and time
@ldt - expands to long date
@tm - expands to current time
@dy - expands to current day
@mn - expands to current month
@yr - expands to current year

All the latest flows and widget is given below. Execute the "Text Expansion startup" flow to start Text Expansion 2.0

http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... 59b012ac32

TheBrain1984

Post by TheBrain1984 » 12 Dec 2017 10:08

vamzicool wrote:TheBrain1984 i have updated the @add and @edit commands to additionally ask for the apps to restrict the shorthand. Just enter app names seperated by commas when needed. If left blank the shorthand will be accessible globally in all apps. Now there is no need to touch the text_expansion.txt file. All operations can be done through predefined commands.

News updated flows given below :
http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... 0bb39a29be
Thanks a lot. I did it without touching the file by adding ",<AppName>" after the long term of the shorthand

Rafi4

Post by Rafi4 » 22 Mar 2018 23:00

Hi vamzicool
you are done a good job. you have create a magic with automatic.fantastic
No.1 Automation app in play store Automagic Premium
Samsung Galaxy j2 non rooted.
Android 5.1.1

jmckeejr

Post by jmckeejr » 05 May 2018 23:49

This is great, as it allows me to use keyboard besides Samsung default and have shortcuts. But... It is not replacing word for me, but it instead inserts the text then I have the shorthand after the text. Ie I type gn and get Good nightgn instead of Good night. Any way I can remedy this?

Edit: not sure if it's the right way, but i changed the action on widget click slightly from global_shorthand to global_last_word and does the trick.

vamzicool

Post by vamzicool » 08 May 2018 03:18

@jmckeejr the latest version along with the documentation should work fine. Yes the action for widget click uses global_last_word to replace the text.