High Volume Warning - Another option

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

aklimatize

Re: High Volume Warning - Another option

Post by aklimatize » 07 Oct 2018 02:04

You are a genius, I simply created the same flow as you show on the screen shots, and I was able to successfully implement this. Before, I was trying to fool around with setting Global and Secure system settings, and even considered using ADB to imbue Automagic with certain permissions, even though I already had rooted my device. Your solution is elegant and quite effective. Many thanks!

aklimatize

Post by aklimatize » 07 Oct 2018 02:10

sallyslak wrote:Hi - I'm trying to grant the write-secure-settings permission to Automagic but I don't know what the package name should be - eg.
adb shell pm grant com.automagic android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Oh wait - found it - if anyone else needs it it's ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic
For future reference, if you should ever need the package name of any installed application, it is found in the Android/data folder of your device storage, or the media card storage if you've moved the app to the SD Card. You can just copy that folder name for the app, and that is the package name. Hope this helps.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 07 Oct 2018 12:39

aklimatize wrote: For future reference, if you should ever need the package name of any installed application, it is found in the Android/data folder of your device storage, or the media card storage if you've moved the app to the SD Card. You can just copy that folder name for the app, and that is the package name. Hope this helps.
You can just use automagic Trigger App Task Started/Ended, search for the app. You will get the packagename directly.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Trent Bates

Post by Trent Bates » 07 Oct 2018 22:43

aklimatize wrote:You are a genius, I simply created the same flow as you show on the screen shots, and I was able to successfully implement this. Before, I was trying to fool around with setting Global and Secure system settings, and even considered using ADB to imbue Automagic with certain permissions, even though I already had rooted my device. Your solution is elegant and quite effective. Many thanks!
You are welcome!

rick24

Post by rick24 » 11 Feb 2019 14:25

I had to set the value at 00005000 because as soon as the counter was set back to 0 by automagic app value the warning popped up.