App Extractor

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

akhileshg1988

App Extractor

Post by akhileshg1988 » 06 Sep 2017 04:13

Hey everyone!
I made this flow in order to be able to extract the .apk setup file(s) of any app(s) installed on your device. This flow is especially useful in case of apps installed from the playstore because normally you don't get to access the apk file of any app that you install from google playstore. But not anymore! This flow is here to be your saviour.
I modified the flow "Simple app input dialog" (uploaded by Haydn in the flow sharing area of Automagic forum) by making it a multi choice input dialog so that the user can select more than one app in just one go and the .apk setups of all the selected apps will be backed up to the phone storage.
Just install the shortcut through the trigger of this flow and the flow is ready to start its work.
http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... accc0151d4

Desmanto

Re: App Extractor

Post by Desmanto » 06 Sep 2017 05:54

I just use Es File Explorer to backup the apk. Sort the app by last modified date. Everytime I update the app from playstore, I backup and keep at least the last 2 versions. But you flow inspired me to make auto backup based upon new installation/update.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

akhileshg1988

Post by akhileshg1988 » 06 Sep 2017 09:56

Desmanto wrote:I just use Es File Explorer to backup the apk. Sort the app by last modified date. Everytime I update the app from playstore, I backup and keep at least the last 2 versions.
That's good, but again, you generally need to have root permissions in order to access folders such as /data/app/com.android._ _ _ _ _/ (which is usually the folder that contains the .apk setup). Considering the fact that not all Automagic users might be root users, this flow is of particular importance.
Moreover, for me, the beauty and importance of Automagic lies in the fact that it minimizes having to install/use a number of apks for getting different types of tasks done. I have stopped using most of the apps that I once used to (when I had not encountered Automagic) because I have now developed flows that get all those different tasks done. That's the point. With this flow, one does not have to install any root file explorer app and then find the path of the installed apk setup and then manually copy that apk setup to the sdcard.
Desmanto wrote:But you flow inspired me to make auto backup based upon new installation/update.
Was on my mind too and might consider developing such a flow.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 06 Sep 2017 11:46

akhileshg1988 wrote: That's good, but again, you generally need to have root permissions in order to access folders such as /data/app/com.android._ _ _ _ _/ (which is usually the folder that contains the .apk setup). Considering the fact that not all Automagic users might be root users, this flow is of particular importance.
Moreover, for me, the beauty and importance of Automagic lies in the fact that it minimizes having to install/use a number of apks for getting different types of tasks done. I have stopped using most of the apps that I once used to (when I had not encountered Automagic) because I have now developed flows that get all those different tasks done. That's the point. With this flow, one does not have to install any root file explorer app and then find the path of the installed apk setup and then manually copy that apk setup to the sdcard.
No, you don't need root to backup apk. EFE can do it on any unrooted phone. It is also my main file explorer, despite a lot of controversy out there. (I have blocked all of the dns out, so it is not calling home anymore.) I also have flow to send this app via bluetooth, specifically made only to send this apk.

And yes, Automagic has led me to uninstall several one trick pony app. I also love to use "One to rule them all" app. Even now I am consolidating most of my one trick pony flow into a giant one. There are 8 flows which total to about 60 elements, has been compacted to single flow with 11 triggers and only 15 elements. I plan to share this as well after I have finished compacting all of them; reducing the flows from 100+ to about 60.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.