Battery Manager

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

houdinix64

Battery Manager

Post by houdinix64 » 20 Jul 2017 07:32

Features/How it works?
This will prevent the phone from overcharging.
Tap Overcharge Reminder at notification area to access settings. When your phone reached 100% or battery fully charged, the flow will add the configured alarm time to the actual time when your phone reached 100%. The phone will alarm even in silent mode and automatically restored the previous ringer mode when you unplug the charger. Shows battery status, health, batt type, voltage, type of charging, overcharge value at notification status bar.

Example lets say:
configured alarm time(overcharged value) = 60mins
the time of your phone reached 100% = 3am

the phone will alarm at exactly 4am, to prevent from overcharging

Note:
Everytime you charge your cellphone, the default settings is ON and eventually the flow will work and alarm according to the last configured alarm time. You can disable this flow by clicking OFF.

Im newbie and im not a programmer, just my hobby. So any modifications are welcome.
Attachments
flow_group_Power_Manager_20170720_152121.xml
(28.32 KiB) Downloaded 1361 times

benbrown

Re: Battery Manager

Post by benbrown » 20 Jul 2017 10:22

I'm confused - the phone will protect itself against overcharging. When the battery is full, it will shut off the charging current. If still connected it will eventually start "trickle charging" to keep the battery full. But overcharging? That can't happen.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 23 Jul 2017 05:46

Our "Smart" phone has the overcharge protection for a long time. Overcharging is a myth now. I sometimes plugged in my phone the whole day at the office. After 2 year, the battery life still great; degraded but not as much as those who always use the battery until die.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

guuzendesu

Post by guuzendesu » 30 Jan 2018 06:08

It is best not to charge a battery over 80%. No, it won't rot, but it's not as good. Charging to 100% typically makes a battery warm, and a warm battery is a degrading battery, whether just a little or a lot.

benbrown

Post by benbrown » 30 Jan 2018 10:07

It is best not to charge a battery over 80%.
That's a little simplified, and not entirely correct. Any battery becomes warm when charging, it is the simple and direct consequence of the chemical reaction of the charging process. It has nothing to do with 80% or 100%.

Faster charging (higher current) means higher temperatures, and it is the temperature that degrades the battery's total capacity over time. Slower charging means less heat which means less degradation.

NiCad and NiMH batteries should always be fully charged. LiIon batteries last the longest if they are only charged to 80% routinely, but they should be fully charged (and fully depleted) regularly/monthly in order to maintain them best. LiPo batteries should always be fully charged but when not used for longer times they should be stored at 35% of their capacity.