Drink water reminder

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

Luca.Biraghi

Drink water reminder

Post by Luca.Biraghi » 19 Feb 2017 14:14

Hello everyone,
I was looking for an app that reminds me to drink water during the day, but at last I decided to build this feature using Automagic by myself.
I decided to share with the community if someone is interested in this remind and wants to try it.

It consist of four flows and four widgets.

1. The flow "Initialize" must be ran once to inizialize variables.
2. The flow Daily_water keeps track of the increasing amount of water drank during the day, send modifications to the tracking widget and checks if the goal is reached.
3. The flow "Water_notification" works as follow: every 1 hour (not exact) it does an easy probability check to decide if send the notification or not. The more you drink during the day, the less the chances to send the notifications every hour. The notifications appears on the status bar, with a random "water fact" in the title, the bar showing the percentage of water already drunk and the option to decide whether to drink or not.
4. The flow "Daily_reset" clears the counter and some variables at midnight of each day.

The Widgets runs as follow:

1. Daily_water is a perfect "loop habits track" app widget copy. It is a tiny transparent pie that shows your progress during the day. The colours change every 1/3 of pie and when it became full, the entire widget changes to solid green.
This is the only widget that should be placed on the phone screen.
2. The widget "Water_amount" gets invoked tapping the widget "Daily_water" or answering "Yes" in the notification. No need to place on the phone screen.
It is a little layer where you can: tap the quantity of water you have just taken, clear the data of the day (if needed. And of course this clears the daily widget even) or change your daily goal. This last button invoke the following widget.
3. Set_daily_goal is another layer where you can set the daily amount of water to reach. No need to place on phone screen.
4. Water_goal is shown on the screen when you reach the goal. No need to place on phone screen.

I'd really be glad if someone wants to try it and give me feedback on the usability and of overall quality of widget and notifications.
Cheers,

Luca
From Italy
Attachments
water_remind.xml
(111.74 KiB) Downloaded 1542 times

Luca.Biraghi

Re: Drink water reminder

Post by Luca.Biraghi » 19 Feb 2017 21:32

So sorry that the "initialize" flow had wrong names for the variables. I've updated the xml file.
Please download the new attachment, overwrite the initialize flow and run it.
Beg your pardon!

Luca
from Italy

Daniela

Post by Daniela » 12 Apr 2018 09:03

ciao Luca,

thank you so much for that beautiful work! I love that water thingy a lot and try to keep hydrated, since I feel barely thirsty and never drink enough water during the day.

But I have a question: I try to drink a defined amount of water per day but divided half hourly between wake up until the early evening, in order to use the best water absorption ratio of a human body. therefore I edited the "notification"-part to play a notification every 30 minutes. The disadvantage is, that the timing is rigid and if I miss a time to drink glass of water and drink it, for example, 10minutes to 10 o'clock instead of half past 9, the next notification strictly goes of at 10 o'clock - 20 Minutes too early.

Is it possible to get the notifications work "dynamic"? Like "xx Minutes after the last input"?
Or is it possible to get a timestamp on the "daily water" widget, which shows the time of the last input?

Anyway, thank you so much for the work you put in those flows. they are plain great <3

D.

Luca.Biraghi

Post by Luca.Biraghi » 11 Jul 2018 16:44

I think you can edit the scripts in the water_amount widget when you press a water quantity. You can add a global variable for the last drunk time in this way

global_lastdrunktime = getDate()

so that when you press a quantity button it stores the moment you press. Then you can work on the notification flow so that it is invoked 30 minutes later the time in the global variable.

Hope this helps

Luca

Daniela

Post by Daniela » 10 Aug 2018 07:24

thank you very much, Luca.