Text expansion flow

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

Ankit Bindal

Re: Text expansion flow

Post by Ankit Bindal » 30 Jan 2017 14:03

Do you have any idea how to write password with using your flow ?

Because as soon as we try to write password in the text box, all the characters turns into ●●●●●●●●

clennep

Post by clennep » 31 Jan 2017 21:33

Ankit Bindal wrote:Do you have any idea how to write password with using your flow ?

My 2 cents,
there's a reason why keepass exists, or similar apps.

vamzicool

Post by vamzicool » 01 Feb 2017 17:07

Hello Ankit , if you are saying that you cannot see what's been typed into the password field, click on the show button normally close to the password field to see it. But if you are telling me that even after typing the shorthand into the password field, it doesn't expand into its description , i really can't answer why. But I do know that at that moment the description is already available now in your clipboard. All you have to do is to delete the shorthand and paste the description into the password field. Some text boxes like the password field does not allow the automagic paste function for some unknown reasons. In such cases manually pasting the description into the text box is the only option left.

Ankit Bindal

Post by Ankit Bindal » 02 Feb 2017 16:55

Hello,
In password field, when we type one characters, it turns into ● after 1 second, when we type second character, it also turn into ●, the flow need @pd at one time , and it can't be there at one type in password feild.
So thats the whole problem.

vamzicool

Post by vamzicool » 03 Feb 2017 03:36

My first answer is the solution . Click the show button often given next to the password field and then type the shorthand, it will work. If such a button is not available we are out of luck. Automagic can't change the nature of the password field. Sorry.

Ankit Bindal

Post by Ankit Bindal » 03 Feb 2017 12:34

:)

tal444

Post by tal444 » 25 Apr 2018 18:47

I found your flows searching around for an autohotkey for android. Thank you for posting them!
I haven't quite got them going though. I've got the global variable set, and I can see that the text expansion startup executes fine. (There's a little 'null' message at the end, that's OK, right?) If I execute Enable disable text expansion, I can see that the True path gets executed and the file is read into the global_text_exp variable. But whenever I try to get some expanded text, nothing happens. So if I type @ph, the phone number doesn't replace it and nothing is added to the log file. I am using Swiftkey. Maybe that's a problem?

vamzicool

Post by vamzicool » 26 Apr 2018 12:22

tal444 thank you for your interest in my flows. This thread is old. I have posted my new updated set of flows. Search for Text expansion 2.0. just run the startup flow and it will work fine. Also if you look into the documentation the new version is little different from this one. Download and run those flows and let me know if it's working. Don't forget to enable accessibility for automagic app otherwise nothing will work.(Also, don't forget to delete all the old flows before importing the news ones)

tal444

Post by tal444 » 26 Apr 2018 14:08

So cool vamzicool! Yes it works. Took me a bit to notice there was an Automagic selection at the bottom of the Settings->accessibility page.

I like how you made flows to add words, but can we also directly edit the text_expansion.txt file? I can't find the thing.

This is going to be such a boost to my Android usage. I depend on autohotkey on my PC.

Any way to get you a small token of my appreciation (cash)?

vamzicool

Post by vamzicool » 26 Apr 2018 14:55

Glad you like it tal444. I'm also an avid user of autohotkey in my office pc. Checkout my scripts in AutoHotKey forum under the same name of "vamzicool" ;-). By the way the text_expansion.txt file lives inside the download folder as can be seen from the file observer flow. Yes you can edit the text file directly (remember it's a csv file with the fields shorthand,expansion,apps respectively).