Ringer profiles incl. profile selection triggers

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

Duni

Ringer profiles incl. profile selection triggers

Post by Duni » 07 Jan 2017 22:16

Ever since I've entered the Smart Phone / Android world, I always missed the convenient profiles of the Nokia / Symbian world which enabled me to easily toggle between various ringer and notification settings.
In the beginning I discovered the Llama app which allowed me to continue using profiles. But Llama even gave me the opportunity to automatically trigger these profiles based on various events (locations, time, WiFi networks, etc.). Sadly Llama became pretty inactive and newer Android versions restricted Llama's abilities more and more. So I searched for alternatives and stumbled over Automagic.
Wow what a catch! I really, really love this App! The workflow approach is so brilliant! Find my profiles attached.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE:
"Ringer Profile Triggers": Enter your private and work WiFi networks in the conditions and adapt the time triggers to your needs.

"Silence during meetings": Select your work calendar in the initial trigger of the flow and in the condition.

HOW TO START IT:
After importing it simply enable all flows. Then use your hardware volume buttons to trigger one of the flows.
After restarting your phone or stopping and starting Automagic it should be initialized automatically.

HOW TO USE IT:
To change the profiles you can either use the hardware volume buttons or you can tab on the profile notification in the status bar. After tabbing it a profile selection input menu appears.
You can also drag the notification downwards to access the action buttons to quickly toggle to profiles.
Attachments
RingerProfiles.xml
(42.94 KiB) Downloaded 1220 times

blkmagic

Re: Ringer profiles incl. profile selection triggers

Post by blkmagic » 06 Feb 2017 06:14

Thank you Duni!!

When Llama stopped working properly after I upgraded to Galaxy S7, I unsuccessfully tried to replicate automated profiles changes using Tasker (too complicated), Macrodroid (triggers unable to perform while/do). I've just purchased Automagic after seeing your flow.

I'm still playing with the flows but just a few questions / comments.

1. Maximum Volume - my S7 volume scales goes up to 15 while the default notification value only goes up to 7. I've changed all the Notification On Statusbar actions in the "Update Notification Upon Ringer Level Changes" flow to 15 and Progress Bar to 15 for the range to display properly.

2. Do Not Disturb Mode - I believe in most Android 6 phones there's a customizable Do Not Disturb mode that would allow for favorite contacts and repeat callers to ring through. This seems to be a much better alternative to Silent mode while sleeping as urgent matters may be attended to. After some search, it seems that the Action "Set Interruptions Mode -> Method 1 -> Priority" would enable DND mode on none-rooted devices (worked for my S7). Perhaps you could consider incorporating this?

3. Simplified Triggers? - For the Ringer Profile Triggers, the initial trigger includes Time that corresponds to Time Range conditions. Is this required for the Flow to perform correctly? If I change the Time Range Conditions, do I also need to change the Time Triggers to match? Would the flow not activate correctly if I removed the Time triggers? With Llama, my setup was like While connected to Home Wifi, and time between 10am - 10pm, set profile to Normal; While connected to Home Wifi, and time is between 10pm - 12am, set profile to Quiet etc.

Thanks again for sharing your great work!

benbrown

Re: Ringer profiles incl. profile selection triggers

Post by benbrown » 07 Mar 2017 07:44

Hi Duni!
In the workflow "Silence during meetings", there's an action "Execute flows: My Profile Triggers" but this does not exist (error: "target flow not available"). I guess that should be "Ringer Profile Triggers" instead, right?